Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week 28

2nd Grade

Connor started school this week. I think he got into a great class!

I forgot my camera in the car after we got to the classroom.
Another kid's Dad took some pictures for me.

He even took one of me and Whitney!



Heidelberg illumination cruise


French General Melac and his troops destroyed and burned down Heidelberg Castle over 300 years ago. Now it is known as the most beautiful and romantic castle in the world. In memory of this fateful event, the castle illuminations are held several times each year. The castle walls turns blood red in the glow of torches and a huge, brilliant fireworks display is launched from the Old Bridge, bathing the entrance to the Neckar valley in a stunning panoply of light and color. It's a spectacular event that attracts thousands of visitors each year from far and wide.

I think they just melted a bunch of chocolate chips to make this hot chocolate.
It was thick! The kids loved it!!

Top notch security



This is the Old Bridge. The castle is RIGHT THERE! You just can't see it yet. None of the pictures of the illumination or fireworks turned out. It was really spectacular though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Connor I am proud of him for holding his pencil correctly (almost). He is doing great with his grip! Mom