Sunday, August 29, 2010

W27 of Y2

Whitney's First Day of School

My little baby is so grown up!

Walking to school

The kids have to change into "house slippers" when they get to school. (the boys have to do this too)

Her first little friend

The cutest little bathroom full of little sinks, little mirrors, little toilets, etc... it's so little!!

All of these kids saw me taking pictures and came running over asking me to take their photo (in German of course!)

Morgen Kreis (morning circle)

Whitney's class - she couldn't wait to say "Tschuss Mommy!" She was soooo excited to go to school with her own backpack all by herself! The teachers and kids only speak German there. She doesn't seem to mind at all. She loves going there so far. I'm guessing she will be speaking German in no time!

The boys first day of school

They didn't protest when I made them their traditional first-day-of-school breakfast faces...

... but the absolutely refused to let me take first day of school pictures. :( This isn't even outside of their school but outside of a church that is right next to their school.

They had a great first day. Connor's teacher is a really young guy with really "spiky hair". Connor says he is "awesome"! Aiden's class is larger than Connor's so he had a teacher and an aide in his classroom, both who are so nice. Aiden's first friend was a little girl named Amy Lopez. He was so excited that she had the same name as me.

After their second day of school they had a back-to-school pizza party. I got to sneak in a couple of pictures here when they weren't looking. This is their playground which seems totally unsafe and dangerous to me. It would never pass safety laws in the US that's for sure! The kids all seem to love it though.


Walking back to our car from the pizza party Whitney saw this pink Porsche and started freaking out! She kept yelling... "look! pink!". I told her to go stand by it so I could take her pictures and she immediately started posing. She is so funny!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love how much your daughter looks like you!! So cute. Hope they stay as excited about school all year long!!

-Amy

Scott and Tobi said...

No mention about the big chess set. That seemed cool to me. I just love moments like these, the first day of school. It brings back the BEST memories. Thanks for blogging. I have loved reading every one.

Love Aunt Tobi

Jeremy and Amy said...

Tobi,
I think those chess sets are cool too. I guess the excitement of them are gone though because they seem to be everywhere here... parks, hotels, schools. They're still fun though. :)

Anonymous said...

Whitney is so little! Are you sure she is old enough to go to school???? haha Wish she could come to my Kindergarten class when she is 5. It would be so much fun. Love Mom

Cami said...

You even followed Whitney into the bathroom!!! Cut the cord mom!!! She looks so cute, I just want to squish her little cheeks. The boys look so grown up (and a little annoyed that you were taking a pic of them!) :) I agree with Jeremy, Kayla looks SOOOOOO much better with LONG hair! She looks so goofy and a completely different dog with short hair!

~ Cami