Sunday, April 15, 2012

W8 of Y4

Spring Break

We did everything backwards... we did all of our traveling 2 weeks prior to spring break (since that's when all of our company was here) so we just weren't that motivated to do much over the break. It was more like a recovery week from the previous 2 weeks.
However... we still managed to have a bit of fun!!

We started the week off with a planning session at Adria's over ice cream.
We decided what activities everyone wanted to do over the week.

Luisenpark

I've been anxiously awaiting our first trip of the new year to my favorite place in all of Germany... STILL!! And, here are few of the reasons why it is still my favorite:









This is the water lizard that Aiden wants

And this is the bearded dragon that Connor wants

*sigh*

Thank goodness Whitney doesn't want one of these











Kansas City

https://snt132.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=407a2027-8736-11e1-acc3-00237de3fe1e&Aux=2044|0|8CEE95A2C935480||0|1|0|0|1|5,53&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MXxEU0NfMjI1NC5qcGd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d

Jeremy missed out on all the fun this week. He had to go to KC to close on our new home.
(More pics on this to come....)

Bowling


Always fun!

Urwelt Museum and Steinbruch

Connor and Aiden are both really into fossils and rare rocks. They both have "collections" and this is always what they look for when we travel anywhere to get as a souvenir. I heard about this place where you can go and dig for your own fossils. Whatever you find you can keep. I thought they would LOVE this. They did love it. However, in hindsight I'm not sure it was worth it. It took us about 3 hours to drive there and another 3 hours to drive home and we only spent 2 hours there. That's 6 hours of driving with 3 kids and a dog for an activity that barely lasted 2 hours. Not really great thinking on my part. But the kids did love it and now our house is full of fossils... yay...?









LOL! I couldn't resist!








What the heck are we going to do with all these fossils!?!

No Training Wheels!!!

Whitney's best friend showed up to school one day a few weeks ago on a new bike... without training wheels. Whitney has been begging to take hers off too. Jeremy is the one that taught the boys how to ride so I wasn't sure if I was up to the task, but off we went.



I couldn't believe how good she did!!!

Good job Whitney!!!

Other highlights of the week included:

forts, parks, forts, trail mix, forts, movies, forts, soccer, did I mention forts???

1 comment:

Cami said...

WOW! That video is so cute of little Whit Bit riding her bike! She's getting so big! Brooklyn has her same dress with the purple flowers ad log purple sleeves. So cute! Looks like you guys have been having fun the last couple weeks! Man, the boys sure are growing up! Tell Connor good job for getting all A's! :)

Love ya, Cami