Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 2012

We went camping for Columbus Day weekend, an annual tradition that we couldn't keep up while we were in Germany.   Lucky us, a cold snap came through the day we left and it was really cold all weekend!!!

 


Waiting to cook dinner
 
Pineapple upside down cake cooking for dessert while everyone tried to stay warm.  Did I mention it was SO COLD??

Whitney trying to get Daddy up to build a fire

The boys giving it their best effort

Helping mommy make the breakfast casserole

My little sweetie, always smiling!

It looked better than it tasted... :/

Connor is my little buddy!

School Pictures came back and I thought all the kids looked great!

 
 



Connor has been having a great football season.  They are #1 in the league and Connor plays offensive line and defensive tackle.  Jeremy put the word out there about how well their team was doing and Jeremy's grandpa, aunts, and uncles all came to watch him play.  Connor had his own cheering section and was a little embarrassed at all the attention - but I think he liked it!









 


After the game the cheerleaders went out to do a special dance, Gangnam Style, for the football team.  I think they were surprised that all the guys got up and started doing the dance with them.  All the parents were cracking up!


Connor is a great kid and a good sport!  We are so proud of you, Connor!
Aiden's class went on a field trip to the Nelson-Atkins museum in Kansas City.  I was lucky enough to go with him on this one. 


I love seeing how my kids act around their friends.  I learn something new about them every time!


I'm so glad my kids still want me to come to their classes!  Please don't ever change Aiden!!


It's been so thrilling to watch the leaves change in our neighborhood.  Pictures could never do justice but it is just beautiful!  I love Fall!





A picturesque moment on our front lawn

The creek behind our house is a boys dream! 

Girls like it too!
KC Marathon

I had planned to run the Kansas City Marathon after we moved here.  My friend from Germany, who now lives in Nebraska signed up to run with me and planned to drive down for the weekend so we could run together!  But....  as the date approached I knew I wouldn't be ready.  I could not stand running in the heat and humidity! (I know, I'm a baby!)  So, my sweet husband saved me and suggested I run a relay with him and our friends.  That way I would only have to run 6 miles - easy!  The night before the race we had Whitney sleep over at a friends house since we had to get up at 4:45 to get to the race.  At 3am we got the call that she wanted to come home.  After driving to pick her up, getting her settled and back to sleep it was 4am and Jeremy and I never went back to sleep.  The only logical choice was for Jeremy to stay home with Whitney and I would have to run my 6 plus his 4 (which was very steep hills!)  Oh ya... also, I had been sick for 3 days (cold, chest congestion) before the race.  It was the perfect storm!!

Whitney at her friends house when everthing was still going well!

EARLY in the morning with Denise, my friend from Nebraska

Stacy ran the last 13 miles of the relay

The beautiful sun rise!  This picture isn't even half as impressive.  It was gorgeous!!

All the cups of water in the street

It was a really fun experience and I will do it again.  I wasn't prepared for 10 miles and for some reason my knee was killing me after the first mile so the run was really painful!  But, the atmosphere was great! 

This was outside our kitchen window when I got back from the run!!

KC Pumpkin Patch

Another fun fall activity that we missed while living in Germany.  Beautiful Fall day!








We had to pull the boys out of this game.  They were taking it WAY too serious!


Pumpkin carving!

There!  All ready for Halloween.

Scary little monsters!
 
Church Trunk or Treat
School Halloween Party
Whitney is a "rockstar".  She totally designed this outfit! Whitney just loved this little boy.  They just met this night for the first time but were inseparable!

Connor with his friends.  He is the "unknown phantom".

Connor's class was in charge of concessions

Aiden is a were wolf (but wouldn't keep his head on!)

Jeremy was really getting into it with the trick or treaters!!



 
School Halloween Parade



I volunteerd to do Halloween games/party in Aiden's class

We were invited to a Halloween Party/Soup Share at a neighbors house.  There were so many kids!!

5 kids sitting around thid little table eating soup.  So cute!

After the dinner we ALL went trick or treating in the neighborhood.  It was quite a crowd.  Connor went with some friends from his class and Aiden ran off with all the boys at the party.  Luckily, we still had Whitney to take trick or treating.  One of our neighbors went all out with the decorations, including a Halloween train.

The only (kind-of) good picture I got of the trick or treaters that night


Sorting the loot

All night I just kept thinking how idealic everything seemed.  Our kids have never experienced a neighborhood trick or treating like this before.  Everyone was with their friends and we were all together.  It was a really fun night.

1 comment:

kathy said...

I love your blog. Thanks so much for doing it again!