Sunday, January 24, 2016

W14 of Y2




Montserrat
We spent our last day in Barcelona going to Montserrat to visit the Monastery.

The mountain from a distance

Beautiful views from the top



The Basilica






The statue of the Virgin Mary is called “La Moreneta” because of the black color of her face. The varnish on the statue has oxidized and because of the effect of candle smoke and the smoke of lamps, the appearance is now black. On her lap is a statue of Jesus Christ.  
We waited in a long line to touch Mary's hand sticking out of the glass. 



Every day at 1:00pm the Montserrat choir boys treat their visitors with beautiful music.
Even in the down season it is always packed!!  The music was really beautiful!

Delicious lunch in their cafeteria! 
haha!!
Taking the cable car back down the mountain
On the plane heading back home to our babies!!!

It is SO hard to pull ourselves away from the kids to go on these trips.  Ok... it's harder for me than it is for Jeremy.  I'm always glad we did it afterwards though.  I'm so glad that Jeremy forces me to go and puts up with my mood swings about leaving the kids.  I love you babe!

The kids had a great time at home.  We had a young couple come and live at our house all weekend. They even brought their dog so Kayla loved it too!!!  It was so great to get back home to see our babies!

I didn't take anymore pictures for the week but we were busy, busy, busy!!  Friday night the boys and Jeremy went camping so the boys could get their sub-zero camping merit badge.  Brrrr.... Saturday the boys both had basketball games.  I LOVE watching them play!!

No comments: