Sunday, August 21, 2016

W44 of Y2

Football Camp

This week was the football camp for high school football.  Connor has been looking forward to this week all summer!!  To be honest... I have been dreading it all summer.  Connor hasn't played tackle football since his skiing accident in March 2014.  I have been actually hoping for him to find a new (safer) sport but no such luck!!  

The football camp was in Ansbach, Germany.  Since he is an incoming Freshman - we really don't know the other players on the team or any of the coaches.  Considering that it is football and his previous injury and it would be in an entirely different Country and we really didn't know anyone else going.... I did the embarrassing Mom thing and followed the bus there!  


On a positive note.... we got to stop at the best McDonald's in the world!!!  
Why don't ALL McDonald's have iPads for the kids to play while waiting for a latte???
370 kids from all over Europe!!! He's out there somewhere!!
I FOUND HIM!!!
He's having a 1 on 1 with some kid on the mat.  
All the boys slept on the floor in the high school.  Let's just say.... I could smell the gym before I got there!
400 meter dash races
I took the kids to a water park close by for a break 

The most dangerous lazy river I've ever been in!
I was trying to bribe them to get out of the water for a while.... 
The kids loved this and they totally deserved it today!!
Back to the fields.  There are so many kids.... I could never find Connor!


We decided that if we wanted to see Connor, we needed to help serve food!  After practices for the evening around 8:30pm all the boys came through for a hot dog feast.  They let the kids and I help every night.  The kids loved it and were actually begging to go back after the first night!  
Another day of practice and searching for Connor
We enjoyed the wonderful parks in Germany...
...The self picking flowers
...The beautiful homes
...And peaceful scenery.

.....I'd forgotten how much I love Germany!
And don't forget about the food!!!!

We went to dinner with the Team Mom and another Family here on vacation while their son was also at camp.
Relaxing after eating schnitzel as big as their heads!
Cool nights watching football and getting a treat from the ice cream truck.
It doesn't get much better than this!!

Morning work outs and an Iron Man competition

Connor's 7 on 7 team
Vicenza getting awards at the award ceremony.  

You survived Connor!!!  (and so did I).  I'm proud of how hard you worked this week!!
Now it's time to sleep!!!
Saying Goodbye

We got back to Vicenza just in time for Whitney to go to her day camp for the last day so she could say goodbye to her awesome Camp Counselors.  
They really have been great!!  Whitney was really sad to leave. 



One last dab for the summer!!

1 comment:

kathy said...

So fun to go back to Germany. Glad Connor had a good experience! (No broken bones)