Busy Weekend!!
This weekend was nuts.... everyone was in different places, doing different things.
In a nutshell: Connor took a 17 hour bus ride to Belgium for their first football game of the season. I flew there Friday night. Jeremy and Aiden went camping and then hiked 52 tunnels for Scouts. Whitney went home with a friend from school on Friday and then a birthday party on Saturday. Connor took the bus back to Italy and got home Sunday morning. My flight got me home Sunday afternoon. Sunday evening we were all finally back together!
Belgium
My flight to Belgium was delayed. By the time we landed and got to the rental car office - it was CLOSED!! Also, couldn't find a taxi anywhere since it was midnight. I was finally able to find a phone number for a taxi service and got to my hotel around 2am!
 |
| Looking for breakfast Saturday morning |
 |
| Grand Place |
 |
| Found a Texas coffee house... lol! |
 |
| The best sight I'd seen all day! |
Vicenza vs. SHAPE (#67)
It was a miracle that I made it to this game - before it started!!
 |
| Oops.... Cougars - Wildcats - same thing? |
 |
| Team prayer |
 |
| Suddenly the skies opened up and we got DUMPED on. |
 |
| Good blocking Connor! |
 |
| VICTORY!!! |
 |
| 50-17!! |
 |
| These boys were DIR TY!!! |
 |
| Good job Connor!!!! |
 |
| Time to eat!! |
 |
My travel buddies... all 6 of us had to cram into a 5-passenger car to get back to the airport! This trip was full of stories! |
Campout and 52 tunnels
Meanwhile... Jeremy and Aiden were in the mountains camping with the scouts and then hiking in the famous 52 tunnels that was built by the Italian Army during WWI as a way to transport supplies. Each tunnel is unique and offers amazing views!
 |
| It was a long, rocky, uphill hike! I think it was a little more than they had bargained for. |
 |
| Their fearless leader who organized the whole thing for these boys! |
 |
| A rare wild flower growing out of the rocks |
Sleepover and birthday parties
Whitney didn't miss any of us! She had so much fun with her friends while we were all gone.
It was so nice to all be home together again Sunday night!
I just wish we all had one more day before Monday!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations Connor! I thought he would change his mind and want to ride home with his friends. And good job Jeremy and Aiden, what a challenge!
Post a Comment