And just like that we started our 4th year in Italy....
 |
| On the day of our 3 year anniversary in Italy, Connor started piano lessons with Francesco! :) |
Spangdahlem, Germany
The last football game of the season was in Spangdahlem, Germany. This is on the other side of Germany bordering Luxembourg. So, I flew there with some other moms and brought Connor back with me on the plane.
 |
| After a late flight after a long day we arrived to our hotel and sat down to this for dinner. I was in heaven! |
 |
| Unfortunately for my travel buddy... she was NOT in heaven. She is 30 weeks pregnant and started feeling a UTI coming on as soon as we landed in Germany. A few hours later and we were checking in here at the ER! |
 |
| I'm very happy to report that we had a wonderful ER experience here! In and out so quick and they were so nice! |
 |
The next morning she was all better!! :) Side note: I LOVE German breakfast buffets!! |
Vicenza vs. Spangdahlem #67
40-6 L
 |
| Warming up |
 |
| Lineman drills |
 |
| The line! |
 |
| He looks like Superman in this picture. Both of those kids were much bigger than Connor! |
 |
| I did NOT like #87! >:( |
 |
| Ya, we lost. We got KILLED! But these guys never gave up or gave less than 100% all the way to the end. And when it was over - they were happy. Happy because they know they played with integrity and grit during the entire season. I am very proud of all of them! |
 |
| I'm especially proud of this one! He's improved a lot since last year! |
Vianden, Luxembourg
Our flight back home didn't leave until Sunday night so are group headed to Luxembourg after the game for some R&R!
 |
| The Vianden Castle - one of the largest castles in Germany |
 |
| Our hotel with the castle in the background |
 |
| Just what these guys needed! |
 |
| Always competing! |
 |
| Dinner at the hotel |
 |
| Schnitzel and Cordon Bleu |
 |
| A little drizzly but still going to hike up to the castle! |
 |
| Beautiful views of Vianden on our way up |
 |
| I had so much fun with these two! |
 |
| We all agreed that the top of the castle looked like Minecraft |
 |
| These two demanded a picture to see who was taller |
 |
| Lots of pictures, I know! But it was a really beautiful and charming town. I'm so glad we got to see it in the fall with the changing colors! |
 |
| We stopped in Bitburg on the way back to the airport for lunch |
 |
| Ooooohhhhhh how I miss German bakeries!!!!!!! |
 |
| The absolute, by far, BEST potato soup I've ever had! |
 |
| So-so pork medallions with mushroom sauce and spatzle |
 |
| How to choose!! I ended up with the mandarine orange cake. It tasted as good as it looks! |
 |
| The GPS took us through the most quaint, little, German villages on the way to the airport. |
 |
| *sigh* I miss Germany! |
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great time. I used to think Connor looked so much like you, but now I am seeing a lot of Jeremy in him too!
Post a Comment