Sunday, September 16, 2018

W48 of Y4


Vicenza vs. Naples #65

Our football team traveled to Naples this week for their homecoming game Friday night.  Unfortunately, I was in Germany for work and Jeremy was holding down the fort in Italy so neither one of us was able to go.  Luckily, many parents did go and took lots of pictures!! 

Waiting to play






Apparently it was a crazy game.  It was 7-6 and we were losing the entire game until 4th quarter.  At 58 seconds the score was 8-14 and we were winning...  then their coach stormed the field yelling at the refs so they took our touchdown away.  Then our coach stormed the field and they gave it back.  Then with less than a minutes to go Naples scored a touchdown but did not get the extra point so we won... 13-14!  Connor said half of the Naples kids were crying when they shook hands at the end. :(
Happy little cougars for the bus ride home!!


Tennis

Aiden had his first tennis match this weekend.  Luckily, I was back from Germany in time to watch him play.  However...  it was really weird.  They said he could play any time between 9-3pm but we would know who would play approximately 30 minutes before.  So, I kept going  back and forth but stayed on post the whole time running errands with Whitney so that I was close enough to run back quickly as soon as he told me he was going to play.  They *thought* he wouldn't play until around 2pm though.  Well.... at 12:30 I got a call that he just finished!  I missed the whole thing!!! (yes, I was furious!)

Aiden lost his match (4-8) but he was ok with it.  This was his first match EVER and he played against a Junior who has been playing for 3 years.  I am really proud of Aiden for putting himself out there and learning a new sport.  He is the only freshman on the team and doesn't have any other friends playing but he is sticking with it and everyone is amazed at how quickly he is picking it up!  
Germany

I was in Germany for a week with work.  While I was not happy about having to leave for a week... it was a lot of fun seeing some familiar faces.  I worked with many of these people since 2009 when we lived in Mannheim.   


No comments: