Sunday, July 21, 2019

W40 of Y5


Rome Temple

This week all 3 kids got on a bus and went to Rome for a week long temple trip!



There were 81 youth on the trip...  22 from the American ward
They went to the temple every morning and then had planned site seeing activities every afternoon


Aiden's the only one who sent me pics
This was a wonderful opportunity for the kids!
Milan and old friends

While the kids were away, Jeremy and I didn't know what to do with ourselves!  
One night we went to Milan to have dinner with one of his old college roommates who was visiting Italy. 

The restaurant was not great.....  but the company was wonderful!

These 2 have been friends for 25 years!  I've always admired the way Jeremy makes an effort to stay in touch with his friends and maintain so many friendships.  That is definitely not a strength of mine!

Birthday Week

Jeremy really went all out for my birthday this week.  I felt very spoiled and loved!

Flowers at my office!

A beautiful room at Lake Garda... complete with snacks and 30 roses that Jeremy had the staff set up before our arrival!!!!

An amazing view from the balcony in our room


I got a trial size of these lotions and loved them so Jeremy found a shop here in Italy that sells them and  bought a whole set for me!!

One, if not THE, most amazing dinner I've had in Italy!
The lake is right next to us but the picture overexposed this beautiful shot






A stroll around the lake after dinner.... it was the perfect day!

An unusually good breakfast the next morning



A little exploring after breakfast











RELAXING!!!

I wish I could eat olives!



The kids got back from Rome and we celebrated my bday together.  All 3 kids pitched in their own money to buy me these shoes.  They were so excited to give them to me!

Jeremy really surprised me (which is not easy to do)....  I am always leaving my make up bag places.  Usually in my office and then Sunday mornings we have to stop at my office to get it before church.  So, he snuck into my office one day and took pictures of all of the make up in my bag.  Then he went and bought every piece for me and gave me an identical make up bag so I could keep one at home!  This was seriously one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received! 

Happy Bday to Me!!!

As it turned out, I ended up all by myself on my actual birthday!  Jeremy and the boys left early that morning for scout camp and Whitney went on a white water rafting trip all day!  

Don't worry though... I had a wonderful day pampering myself! I enjoyed a nice workout, got my hair done, and even a pedicure!  

On the way to the rapids!

Apparently they stopped for gelato.... no pics of the rafting.  lol!


Scout Camp 2019: Croatia

The annual scout camp was this week.  
It was bitter sweet knowing that this will be the boys last scout camp and the end of Troop 514



One of the first items of business....  take away all of the phones for the entire week!







1 comment:

kathy said...

How could they take pictures without their phones? Great way to make them enjoy their trip though!