Kayla
Without any warning, Kayla is gone.
I woke up early and sat outside while it was still dark. I was surprised to see Kayla just standing in the middle of the lawn. Not moving, just standing. Normally she is curled up in a ball somewhere sleeping when I get up. I noticed her a few more times that day, just standing. I mentioned it to Jeremy and he was keeping an eye of her while I was gone doing Saturday chores.
Jeremy noticed her just standing too and then he saw her laying down and not moving. He went closer to her and noticed she was covered in flys and would not get up. He carried her into the garage to get all the flys off of her and then took her to an animal hospital.
They gave her some IV fluids and sugar water which seemed to have given her a burst of energy. She was acting normal again and Jeremy called me to say he was bringing her home after her labs came back. An hour or so later he texted me to say she wasn't going to make it and they were putting her to sleep. It was all so surreal! Had we known it was that bad, the kids and I would have gone up there to say goodbye!
![]() |
| The last picture we have of her. |
We will miss you Kayla........















1 comment:
So sad, she was such a nice dog. A true member of your family.
Post a Comment