Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 8

After returning late from Switzerland we woke up the next morning to Easter. The fun never ends! It was interesting having an Easter egg hunt in such a small room, but the kids loved it just the same. :)

Before ripping into the candy...



The Easter egg hunt



Whitney was more interested in cuddling with Daddy than finding eggs


The boys discovered the Easter gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Cates!

Thanks guys!!!




Whitney finally noticed the chocolate bunny


Counting up the loot


Easter breakfast (sad, I know!)




We got the missionaries to take a family pic of us. However, we have noticed that Whitney acts REALLY weird around them. She gets really shy and won't look at them. That made it difficult for taking pictures because she wouldn't look at the camera since they were there. We've never seen her act like that around anyone before.

After the pictures she went and picked a dandelion and gave it one of the missionaries. I think she has a little crush! LOL!



Whitney is the only kid in nursery right now so they don't have a teacher for her. I usually stay in there with her instead of trying to take her to classes. She absolutely loves this baby in there. She played with it for the first 2 weeks and then the 3rd week she hugged it just right and made it laugh. Whitney freaked out. She thinks it is crying. She's so happy to see her baby every week.




I just had to take a video of her playing with the little baby. It's so cute.



Daddy's Girl!




This week we happened upon a beautiful park and lake that was 8 minutes walking distance from our hotel. I couldn't believe that we never saw it before. We had a little picnic there and fed the ducks.




I thought it was cute that Whitney was singing to the ducks.... However, it soon turned out to be a little scary. See the video to see what I mean.




We came home to get Connor from the bus. Connor and Aiden ate an ice cream while looking out the window. Aiden loves it when Connor gets home.


Connor didn't have school on Friday for Parent/Teacher Conference. It was cold and rainy out so I decided to take the kids to the Heidelberg Castle. This castle was built in the 13th century as a Gothic castle. It took on more of a Renaissance look when it was remodeled in the 16th century. It was badly damaged by the Thirty Years' War and the 1689 war with France. Now most of it is in ruins. We didn't get to see over half of it because it was too hard with 3 kids and a stroller by myself. I wanted to stop and read everything but that was impossible. It was still quite impressive.

Taking the cable car up the mountain.









2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a cool castle. I loved the videos. Whitney with her baby...too cute! But I'm curious what happened with the swan! I think it's a swan anyway.

Cami said...

That looks like you guys had a TON of fun. It always seems like you are all on one big long vacation! I am so incredibly jealous! All the pictures on your blog could ALL be on a postcard, I swear! Whitney was soooo cute in her video with that baby! I can't believe she knows her ABS so well and cute! Connor looks so old and grown up! I miss them. I wish I could kiss whitney's little cheeks right now!

~ Cami