Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week 9

This week started off with a fun hike through the Odenwald (Old Forest) on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The boys went up the huge bolders while I stayed back with Whitney (that's why all the pics are of her). Good thing too because Aiden almost fell backwards and Jeremy caught him just in time gashing his leg in the process.




We had a picnic afterwards


Just our luck the Ice Cream truck showed up after lunch... Score!


The rest of the week wasn't too exciting. Jeremy left mid-week to go to Utah for his brother, Brian's wedding. It was a surprise to everyone there (except his Dad and a few friends). I was sooooo jealous that we couldn't all go but it was good that he could go. We missed him LOTS!!! He took the camera with him with orders to take lots of pics while he was there, however, the last report I got was that he hadn't taken ANY pictures! Having too much fun I guess.

It's been fun talking to everyone on Skype this weekend. The kids love to be able to see Grandma and Grandpa, cousins, Aunts/Uncles, friends, and of course Daddy. I love it that it's free!

9 days until we move and it couldn't come sooner for me. I am so sick of eating out for almost every meal, keeping this small room clean, LAUNDRY, the smell of smoke in the hallways, the sleeping situation. I am, however, going to miss a few things too... getting all of our food paid for is great, plus the location of our boarding house is wonderful! There are so many places within walking distance. We go somewhere different every day. Overall, it's been good. It will be nice to be in our own place and finally get all of our belongings... but, in the meantime we are enjoying the journey.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Gosh! Even the ice cream truck looks way different. You wouldn't even know it sold ice cream if it weren't for the ice cream cone picture! I like the pictures you took of little Whitney! It's so funny that she wears a leash though. I bet it's a huge help though! Love and miss you guys!

~ Cami