We got out and explored our new town a little this week. One of the best parts of Huttenfeld is a great biking/walking path that takes you to the next town. I pulled Aiden and Whitney while Connor was in school almost every day this week. It only takes about 15 minutes on the bike to get there and it is such a beautiful, fun ride!
Now that Connor is out of school and the weather is starting to warm up we are going to be going to this lake every day this summer! It's on our bike trail.
Don't ask me how this happened but they sure seemed to be having fun! I had to take a pic (before I made everyone get out)
We've been going to Ikea a lot! Jeremy bribed the missionaries with home-cooked American food to come over and help him put all of our new stuff together. These missionaries are so cool. The boys love them so much and really look up to them.
The kids and I went to a Medieval Festival at a Castle in Viernheim.
We saw some perfomers do a juggling act
By the time I got my camera out he already ate the whole thing.
People must think we are SO weird here!
2 comments:
Amy: My name is Kathryn Jenkins from South Jordan, UT. Elder Jenkins told me about your blog and I just saw my cute little guy wearing his "Bingham Hoops" shirt in one of your pictures. I had to laugh when you said your husband bribed them with American food. Elder Jenkins would definitely fall for that one! Thanks for looking after the missionaries. Some day when your boys are called to serve missions, you will know how appreciative we are of good families like yours. Elder Jenkins loves your family. We love to have the missionaries over also. Elder Jenkins' dad served his mission in Germany also. Our oldest son served in Brazil and we have two younger sons that are 17 and 13. Thanks again!
Kathryn,
I'm not sure if you will get this but I just have to tell you that it is as much a pleasure for us to have your son here as it is for him to have us feed him American food! We love your son so much. My youngest son in particular has taken a special liking to your son. He is such a good example for him and I'm so grateful he's in our lives. Today Aiden (my son) was complaining about his Mom (me!) and I heard your son say "when you are on your mission you'll wish your Mom was with you!" It was so sweet. Email me at amyrcates@live.com and I can send you more pics. Also, if you ever want to mail him anything you can mail it to our Military address... it's a lot cheaper. Thanks for letting your son be here!
Amy
Post a Comment