(1) we didn't really do a lot (2) everyone was kind-of sick this week.
It seems like if I don't take a picture of something then I don't include it in the blog so a lot of things get left out. I think I'll use this weeks post to "talk" about some of those things...
Last week I went to the boys school to have lunch with them. Aiden's teacher asked me to come in and talk with her so I just went early to see the boys at lunch. I love seeing them with their friends. That morning Aiden was very serious and told me "Mommy, don't talk to anyone unless someone asks you a question." He was very nervous about me embarrassing him. He made me practice how I would talk and what I would say and then he would critique it and say "good" or "not good".
The talk with his teacher was about Aiden's laid-back personality. She said that Aiden has never once raised his hand to answer a question but when she calls on him he always knows the answer. Sometimes when no one raises their hand she will call on Aiden because she knows that he will always know the answer. She said that she even been using Aiden to help the other students because he's always done before everyone else. She wants to put him into an Advanced Reading program but Aiden needs to be pushed more. I think he is afraid of not being "cool" if he is so smart. He's always worried about not being cool ... in Kindergarten!!! But she thinks that he is bored in class and is not using his full potential. So we talked to Aiden and he agreed to try the Advanced Reading program out.
Here is a picture of my little superhero getting ready for Fashing. All the Germans have the entire week off to celebrate Fashing. It is a pretty big deal here.

It was fun to see Connor at lunch too. He has become really close to a little boy in his class named Cameron. It's funny because Connor is the tallest kid in class and Cameron is the shortest. Camerons Dad was just deployed in January for a year in Iraq and he's been having a hard time with it. He goes to see the school counselor and invited Connor to go to a session with him. The kids are allowed to take their other parent, a teacher, relative, etc... well, he chose to take Connor. He really looks up to Connor and Connor has helped him get through this hard time. It's so neat to see God using our son to help someone in need. We invited Cameron to go to Kid's World with us this weekend. My camera battery died so I only got a couple of pictures but enough to see how cute they are!!Here is a picture of my little superhero getting ready for Fashing. All the Germans have the entire week off to celebrate Fashing. It is a pretty big deal here.
She is doing so good with potty training (#1 and #2).
She keeps us all laughing. The other day we were all going somewhere in the van. Well, getting everyone and everything loaded into the van to be somewhere at a set time can sometimes be a stressful task. This time we were all a little grouchy with each other and no one was talking. Whitney must have sensed this and just started singing... 'Hey, Jude... don't be so sad. Take a sad song and make it better....' We all just started laughing! I didn't even know she knew that song. Later that night I made her do it again with the camera. Enjoy!
8 comments:
That is SOOO cute i hope that Connor and Aidan are still as cute as they were before.
I miss you guys SOOO mcuh!!!!!
Don't worry about Aiden not participating on his own, I have a lot of kids like that in my Kindergarten class, and I don't think they are bored, just taking everything all in. Each child has their own personality, (and that is not a Kathism, it is the truth!) But it is exciting about him taking the Reading class. I am so proud of him!!!!And I love Whitney's song. She is so smart!!!
And I am verrrry proud of Connor befriending Cameron. What a cute pair.
Whitney is so cute!! How in the world did she know that song?
I knew you were going to post that video of Whit-Bit so I have been waiting for it and I even told Tara and Mike about it. Adorable!!! That is SOOOO good that Aiden is going to try the advanced reading program out! I bet he will LOVE it! Tell him that is what all the "COOL" kids do in America! ;) The boys' school looks so cool. Is that really their school? They have that blow up toy to play on at school?! How fun! My girls would LOVE that!!! Way better than here!
~ Cami
Cami, You are sooooo funny! I take it you just looked at the pictures and didn't read the text. lol! Those pictures were taken at Kid's World - NOT at their school. Could you imagine having a room like that at an Elementary School!?! It would be NUTS!! :)
Amy
Aly,
We downloaded the Kids Bop CD onto Connor's MP3 player and that was one of the songs on the CD. I guess she must be listening to it when Connor's at school or something because I had NO idea that she knew that song. She knows it better than I do! :) I can't believe we're gonna be neighbors!!! YAY!
Amy
Post a Comment