We finally celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had to postpone it for a month due to changing Au Pairs right during the time we reserved for our anniversary. It was probably better that we went later because we had perfect weather and were outside walking a lot!
I think the best part of the whole trip was the drive. I can't remember the last time Jeremy and I were able to talk, uninterrupted, for hours at a time. It was also a very pretty drive.
The first clue that we were in France.

The man and woman silhouettes on the public restrooms were way more classy!
The inside was even more interesting...

It took me a while to figure out how to use this toilet.

Every gas station we stopped at had a very impressive selection of food. We spent about $60 on this lunch at a gas station which we thought was crazy! We wouldn't even spend that much at a nice restaurant for the 2 of us let alone at a gas station. The food was great though!
Getting to our hotel. Jeremy found a great hotel for us that was perfectly located!

Jeremy used his Hilton points to book the room. Thank goodness! We were shocked when we saw this sign indicating the price per night on the back of the door in our room.

Our room. My sexy husband! lol!
Walking around Paris

They are very efficient and save time by using the bathroom and talking on the phone at the same time. Why don't we do this in America???

We were surprised to see a huge statue in the middle of a large intersection of George Washington.

These bikes are all over the city. You pay money to unlock them and then can turn them in somewhere else. We were tempted to try it but did I mention how SCARY it was driving in Paris!?! Wow.... it was worse than what you see on TV. I think riding a bike would have been worse than driving in a car. We stuck to our own 2 feet.

The Arc de Triomphe

American influence. This Hamburger Restaurant looks sooo out of place here.

Shopping on the famous Champs d'Elysees

We made it! We walked up 343 steps just to get to the first level!
Our dinner cruise:

We took a cruise around the city seeing 12 different historical sites while enjoying an EXCELLENT dinner. My new love: foie gras!


The view of the Eiffel Tower at night. The lights were so beautiful but unfortunately I could not do them justice with my camera.

AND... to top it all off (as if it wasn't enough already) Jeremy surprised me with a new wedding ring. Most of you already know, but when Connor was almost 1 I was giving him a bath in the kitchen sink. I took my ring off and put it in the window sill above the sink because I was always worried about scratching his soft baby skin. He must have pulled my ring into the sink at some point and I didn't see it because of all the bubbles. After I got him out, I drained the sink and put him to bed. Then I came back down and was cleaning up the kitchen. I put some food down the sink and turned on the disposal. I heard my ring and quickly turned it off but it was too late. My ring was damaged beyond repair. We were in between moves at the time and had just canceled our renters insurance. Jeremy always said he would get me a new one for our 10 year anniversary. At the time it seemed so far away. The last 10 years seemed to have flown by! I guess that's what happens when you're spending those years with your best friend.
Thanks for a dream-like anniversary and for the best 10 years of my life!
3 comments:
Wow! It really looks like you two had a REALLY nice time! Everything looks so beautiful! That is sooooo weird that they have toilets and their phones together! You should have waited to see if people actually USE both at one!!!!! ha ha ha! I LOVE your ring! Jeremy is such a little romantic!!! You need to post a better picture of it though, because it's blurry! I want to see the goods man! I'm glad you guys had fun! I am WAY jealous - as usual! :)
~ Cami
Gosh Jeremy, finally. What took you so long?
How beautiful! The whole trip and gift are beautiful. Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment