Sunday, June 27, 2010

W18 of Y2

This week was spent trying to recover from Spain. Back to work and the boys first week of summer break. Jeremy left on Wednesday to go to the US for his brother, Chris's wedding. I wish we could have all gone.. but it would have been impossible. I can't wait to see all the pics! Since he took my camera to KC I had to borrow the boys cameras this week. So... I really didn't take a lot of pictures. But, we really didn't do anything too exciting so that's ok.

The biggest excitement of the week was Aiden losing his second tooth. It's been loose for so long but he wouldn't even let us look at it, let alone touch it. Then one day I noticed that you could see the adult tooth growing in behind his baby tooth. It was growing in crooked because the baby tooth was in the way so I told him it HAD to come out right then and there!


I gave him several options of how we could get the tooth out and I was surprised that the only way he would let me pull the tooth out was to tie a string around the tooth and tie the other end to the door and slam the door. It seemed like the worst way to do it to me but that was what he wanted. It took 3 tries and then it finally came out on the 4th try!!!



While I'm on the subject of Aiden....

He carries this spiral notebook and markers with him everywhere he goes. He is always coloring!!! He hates coloring books... he likes blank sheets of paper that he can create the most impressive designs, pictures, etc... This week I found him pausing the computer on pictures that he liked and then drawing them. I am constantly amazed that he is my kid!!!


Whitney serenaded us all week singing her 2 new favorite songs: Hot and Cold - Katy Perry and Crazy - Gnarles Barkley..... enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sitting here at Panera at 83rd and Mission (free wi-fi) watching my daughter sing so cute and it makes me miss all of you so bad! :(
So proud of Aiden... but 4 tries to get out the tooth?? yikes. See you guys soon!

Daddy

Amy said...

Is your Kayla a collie?? Gnocchi is but she recently got a necessary haircut and looks like a Labradoodle now. Poor girl. Your kids are ADORABLE. I think they look like you!! Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

You have adorable children and I have absolutely adorable grandchildren! Love, Mom