Sunday, July 4, 2010

W19 of Y2

We started this week off with Jeremy leaving... again! (grrr....)



This time to the US for his brother's wedding in Missouri and then for a conference for work in Detroit. I was so sad to miss the wedding! His new wife, Jaime, seems so nice and she has 2 adorable kids so the boys are excited to meet their new cousins!!



He also got to see a lot of his good friends...

... and family! I admit - I was a little jealous!

While he was gone Adrian's Mom came to visit. She was quite a hit with the kids too!

She taught the boys how to spit watermelon seeds in the street. You should have seen the looks we were getting from the Germans! lol!

Our next visitor was Kathleen. She was the boys nanny when we lived in Napa.

We went out to get a traditional German meal... Schnitzel with fried potatoes. This particular Schnitzel had a fried egg, fried onions and a cheesy sauce on it. It was really good!

On Saturday we went on base for the 4th of July carnival. The same one we went to last year. Despite the high of 97 degrees.... it was still pretty fun.

This horse was making the funniest faces!!!


Whitney was laughing the whole time!

We had to go on rides just to stay cool!

Whitney went on this ride 3 times in a row. She really takes the steering part serious!

Bumper cars... classic!

We were soooo happy they had a dunk tank there!

Jeremy was in charge of making sure the boys got dunked.


He did a good job too!


After seeing Connor get dunked, Aiden was a little nervous...

It was pretty funny.

He loved it!


That night Kathleen and I went to my favorite Greek restaurant down the street. I love that place!

As we were walking home there were groups partying up and down the streets because Germany had just beat Argentina in the World Cup. They loved it that we were taking pictures of them as they were singing and chanting!


On our way to church... Whitney wants to be Kathleen when she grows up!

We went to the American Ward in Heidelberg for the first time since we moved here! Kathleen really wanted to go to an English speaking ward and we thought it would be nice since it was the 4th of July. It was nice to understand everything and to be able to sing the hymns in English again. The kids liked having so many kids in their classes too. I put this dress on Whitney because I was worried it would be too small next year (it's a little too big this year). I got the dress from our neighbor's in Kansas who we love and miss so much! There was another girl there wearing the exact same dress and they were BFF's all during primary too. I just wish Whitney would leave her hair things in!

That night Jeremy stayed home with Whitney and I took the boys and Kathleen to the base to watch fireworks.


I've never felt so much emotion watching fireworks before. Being in another country and surrounded by Soldiers and Families whose husbands, wives, mom's and dad's are deployed right now... I just felt so grateful and very, very humbled.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Amy, wow your weeks are always so full of activity. It's so fun to read about. It also seems to be hotter where you're at, although it's been very hot here. And very uncomfortable. Ugh. I was under the assumption it wasn't very hot here for very long...boy did they pull MY leg! haha. Carnival on base looks like it was fun too. Ours was last night. I know what you mean though about being more emotional living where we do and amongst those who's families are deployed. I get choked up quite a bit and I'm not an easy-crier. So, do you think you'll go back to the English ward? Or stick it out in the German ward. :) That's the old ward we used to be in. Thanks for the fun post!