So... why do I say 'not really'?
For those of you who were reading in November 2009, you will remember Jeremy's surgery he had to remove some Melanoma from his ear. Well, about a month ago we discovered a new mole right next to the scar on his ear. He went to get it checked out and of course the dermatologist wanted to take a biopsy. We found out the day before my birthday that it was Melanoma again!
The worst part for Jeremy is having to stay in the hospital for 6 days (maybe longer)! They took a chunk of skin off his ear and are checking the margins to make sure there isn't any cancer cells on them. If there is then they have to take more skin off so they don't want to sew him up until they know if they are going to have to take more skin or not. He has to stay in the hospital because he has an open wound and risk of infection is so high. He has a roommate right next to him who had his surgery on the opposite side of Jeremy so when they lay down they both have to look at each other the whole time! There is no air conditioning at the hospital but we are really lucky as the weather has really cooled off this week (70's). There is a small tv far away from the bed that costs 2.50 Euro per day and is only in German. So I've been taking him DVD's and he's using our portable DVD player, as well as reading books, magazines, etc... to try to stay busy. But every time I call him he sounds bored to death!
We have been taking him dinner every night and spending some time with him. The boys were really concerned about the depressing pictures in his room that he has to stare at all day so they colored him some pictures to hang up.
Of course, one of the kids had to get sick while he's been in the hospital. Connor started throwing up Saturday night every 15-30 minutes all night long! He's been throwing up all day Sunday too. Hurry home Jeremy!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Amy- I'm sorry to hear about all the craziness but I'm glad you had a nice birthday in the end. Hope things settle down for you all! See you in the STU!
-Amy 2
We'll say some extra prayers for all of you!
Love,
Cyndi
Poor Connor. I hope you feel better soon buddy! I love and miss you. I hope you get to go home soon to Jer-Bear! Sydney even included you in her prayer tonight! :) Sorry your birthday week wasn't the greatest Aim. When it rains it poors! But it sounds like the kids helped make it a little nicer! Your kiddies are so sweet! :)
~ Cami
Hope things are on the mend now. Sure do love and miss you all!!! Love Mom
Post a Comment