Sunday, August 15, 2010

W25 of Y2

As summer is winding down we are trying to get as much fun in as we can before school starts back up.

We've decided to enroll the boys in an International School in Heidelberg this year instead of the DoDDs school on base this year. The base where their school is has announced they will be "inactivated" May 2011. Not only would they not be able to stay at the same school for the rest of the time we are here but they would also be in a school that is constantly down-sizing and transforming. We toured the school last year when we were considering sending them there so the idea has been around for a while. We went back and talked to them and figured out a way to make it all happen. I'm really excited for everything this school has to offer them! I hope they love it.

Whitney also starts school next week. We have enrolled her into a German Kindergarten (preschool). They only speak German there and there are around 50-60 kids her age at the school. She will only be there until noon Monday - Friday but I think it will be enough for her to really start learning and speaking the language. Everyone says she will be fluent in just a matter of months. We'll see....

This week we finally met up with some friends that we've been trying to make time for all summer! I'm so glad our schedules finally meshed.

We all went to Kid's World to work up a sweat and release all that energy!!

They are brother and sister and so sweet! The kids all play great together.

I love Julie! She was the first friend I made after moving here and has been such a great resource for us since they have been here for a long time and have traveled all over the world.

We all went out to eat afterwards. It was fun watching the kids have their own little "dinner party" on their side of the table.

German-American Fest

The base closest to us hosted a German-American Fest for a day of sports and fun! There were over 250 German and American kids there. It was great! They had so many great activities planned and it was very organized. The kids were WORE OUT that night! We loved it.

Lots of soccer (of course), as well as other ball sports

Whitney is beaming with pride in her 2 older brothers!









They were SOAKED!!

The boys still love their guinea pigs (milo & otis)

They love bathing them and washing their hair with baby shampoo. Not sure the pigs love it as much as they do.

They have been very responsible. Connor vacuums every day (at least once) to make sure all their hay is off the floor.

Huttenfeld Fest


On our way to the fest in our own town!! The kids couldn't run there fast enough. Whitney wanted to wear her pirate outfit!! :) She likes to look at her feet when she runs. lol!

One of 2 rides at the fest. It was a very small fest!! But they had all the necessities to make it a fest so we were good!

Connor may have been too big for this ride but he went anyways.

The second ride

Shooting games. Awesome!

Bratwurst und brotchen mit pommes frittes and apfelsaft.... (no that is not beer!)

Big, long marshmallow things... yummmm!

My friend, Julie, who is in the beginning of this blog post was selling a TON of little girl things that was right at Whitney's age. She let me come over and pick out what I wanted before the yard sale. I couldn't wait to see Whitney's face when I got home! I tried to video her seeing all of it but it was sooo crazy... she was just toooo excited. I didn't even get pictures of all of it but here are just a few pieces that she loves!!

Her little kitchen set with all the food and dishes.

A new dollhouse with all the people and furniture, the toy box, table and chairs, and dolls.

She is also wearing one of the new nightgowns here but she got about 5-6 more just like it as well as princess outfits and fancy dresses. She is totally into dresses and immediately started trying all of them on.

She served us milk and cookies tonight after dinner on her new cart.
One persons garbage is another persons treasure indeed! THANK YOU JULIE!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Amy! Your family is so nice and organized. You keep your toothbrushes in a row... that's quite amazing. And those little g-pigs... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Such cute kids! And Whitney is a very lucky girl. How are you going to get all that stuff back to the US? You really will have to you know!

Cami said...

Wow! Holy cow that's a ton of toys! I bet Whittles is in HEAVEN!!!! I like Con-man's huge hotdog with his itty-bitty bun! So funny! But Yummy looking! I'm so hungry right now! :) Looks like a fun couple of weeks!

~ Cami