Sunday, October 3, 2010

W32 of Y2

Aiden's 7th Birthday

My sweet little Aiden turned 7 years old this week. He said all he wanted to do for his birthday was to go to the zoo with his family. I should have jumped at that... instead we kind of forced him to have a party with his entire class. He always just wants to be with Connor and doesn't like to make friends with kids his own age. I thought a birthday party with his entire class would be a great way for him to make his own friends. Overall, I'm so glad we did it. However... it was a lot of work! As a result, I didn't get very many good pictures. I was way too busy!!
We went to the Kids Zone on base. It has bowling, mini golf, and an area that is like Chuck E Cheese. We had kids there from Italy, Germany, Holland, Venzuala, Hungary, Japan, Brazil, and America. Most of them had never heard of Chuck E Cheese, let alone been there. It was so funny to see their faces as soon as they caught on to the fact that they play games, get tickets, use tickets to buy toys! No one wanted to do the bowling or mini golf like I had planned. So I just let them all play the games. After we had pizza and cake it was time to go home (it was a school night) and then all the kids were really mad at me because they didn't get to bowl or golf yet. I felt bad then. I promised we could all go back another day for the bowling. Geesh!!!
It was so fun to see Aiden in the spot light all night. He seemed to really eat it up. Connor had a few friends from his class there too and Whitney had tons of fun with everyone. There ended up being 22 kids there!










Terry Fox Run

The boys school sponsored a Terry Fox run (for Cancer Awareness) this week. I went to pick them up and spotted Aiden walking with his new crush. She is in 5th grade and really cute. His teacher told me that one day last week she asked the kids at the end of the day what was the best part of their day that day. I guess Aiden told the whole class "Today I fell in LOVE!" He's not even shy about it. He tells everyone that he loves this girl. So funny. She is really sweet too. She told Aiden that he is cute. It made his day.

Scout Campout

The boys new scout pack had a campout this weekend. Jeremy and the boys went there all day to do all the work and get camp set up. Whitney and I met them out there for dinner and then we went back home so they could have their "guy time" or CDC like they call it (Cool Dudes Club).





Here they are making 100 foil dinners around this small fire. lol! Kayla sure got used to being around alot of people though. She is always so skittish around adults but she was walking all over the place looking for food! Right after this picture my battery died. :( I didn't get any pictures of the boys skits... hilarious!

2 comments:

Cami said...

that's funny about little Aiden! He's goin after the older women! What's up with the scout picture though. It looked like they were all saluting a burning American flag!? Looks like Aiden had the BEST and the BIGGEST party ever!!!! You are a nice mommy!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for little AA. He is getting so big and grown up!! His haircut has changed his whole appearance. Seems to have a new personality too, but that is probably just an impression from the pictures. Love you tons, Mom