Sunday, January 2, 2011

W45 of Y2

This week we had fun playing with all our Christmas toys!




Connor got this 'put-it-together-yourself' roller coaster from Grandma Sheri. It came in a million pieces with terrible directions. It took "us" 3 days to put the thing together!

I caught Whitney having a tea party with her new Cinderella doll one morning.

Connor's Birthday!!

As soon as Christmas is over it is time to start planning Connor's birthday party each year. This year he wanted to do a swimming party again (since he got sick last year and didn't make it).

I can't believe my baby is already 9 years old!! This is the last year of single digits for him. :(

Waiting for their friends to arrive





Jeremy was having so much fun playing with the 4 boys while me and Whitney hung out in the shallow pool.



After swimming all day we took all the kids and Grandma and Grandpa to pizza hut for dinner


Connor asked me to make him a carrot cake for his birthday. It was painfully obvious that he was disappointed that I made cupcakes instead of a big cake. I was worried about taking a big cake with candles inside Pizza Hut. Oh well... they were still good!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!!!

New Year's Eve

After last years huge New Year's Eve party we started the night out with big expectations!
We even told the boys they could stay up this year to see all the fireworks.
However.... this is how the night went:

11:30 the streets were empty. You could hear a whisper! Brad and Sheri went to bed and Aiden had fallen asleep on the couch.
11:45 we put Connor to bed and started getting ready for bed too.
11:58 took one last look outside hoping to catch a glimpse of a firework and saw people walking around.
12:00 FIREWORKS!!

Once again tons of fireworks right in the middle of the street outside our house, in between all the cars! However, you could tell the real party was one block down. I think last year the big party was on our street and this year we had a more toned-down version. It was still fun to watch!


The fireworks got Brad back out of bed and Connor wasn't asleep yet so the 4 of us watched through our bedroom window. Aiden tried so hard to stay awake and was really disappointed he missed them.


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have such wonderful memories of being there last year! Happy Birthday Connor. The pictures are great! Aiden, you are so handsome with your new haircut. I love, love, love you all! Kisses to Whitney. Grandma Kathy

Cami said...

That is soooo sad that everyone "almost" missed the fireworks! Who puts their kids to bed before midnight on New Year's Eve though! C'mon Mom! Pull it together! :) Also..... Aiden has long hair at the swimming center!!!!!! I wonder how many other kids caught it from him?!!!?!!! Scary!!!!!!!