
Well... I was super lame this week and didn't take pictures hardly at all. Actually, we didn't do a whole lot either. The weather has been cold (high 30's to low 40's) but sunny, dry, and blue skies! I keep wondering when winter is going to hit but it just stays the same. We went on a walk/bike ride down to the lake one day to test out Aiden's remote control boat he got from Santa. Can you believe it was a dud!?! We couldn't even turn it on. It was SO disappointing!! Aiden handled it so well though. This was the main Christmas gift he asked for from Santa. I tried to talk him out of it because I knew he would be disappointed when Connor was playing with his toys and Aiden had to wait until summer to do the boat. Well, this is exactly what happened. So, since the weather has been nice I decided to give him his moment to shine and try it out. All Christmas long I kept saying things like "stocking stuffers" etc... He asked me why the bucket of money he got from Santa last year said IKEA on it and Connor's Fire Kindle said Amazon on it. The real kicker was when we went to the orphanage and Aiden asked why Santa didn't bring gifts to the kids there... all I could say was "I don't know". (then Aiden quickly said "I know why!! Santa couldn't take them presents and that's why WE are here to help him!") After the boat ordeal Aiden says "I still believe in Santa, but I'm starting to wonder now..." I think a talk is in order...

On the way home we stopped at the park to play. BTW - I didn't mention we have a new aupair. All of our aupairs have always been American and several of them struggled with homesickness (especially around the holidays, like our last one). We decided for our last 6 months in Europe to get a European aupair instead - thinking homesickness wouldn't be a problem. Now, we are wondering why we didn't do this earlier. Olja is from Serbia. We are all having so much learning about her country and teaching her about ours. She totally spoils us and cooks us meals from her home (she is a great cook!!!) She speaks English very well but some of the slang makes for great entertainment! The boys love to get her to say jibberish words that they made up and then laugh at how she pronounces it. Everyone has fallen in love with her and I'm wishing we could take her back to the US with us!! I'm so glad she will be with us during our final months in Germany and that she will be our last and final aupair while we are here!!
2 comments:
I am so glad this au pair is working out. It would be nice to meet her. Poor Aiden, can you exchange the boat? Love you!
I LOVE how you did your anniversary post! I loved looking at your life year by year! :)
Post a Comment