Sunday, May 13, 2012

W12 of Y4

Even though I quit my job over a week ago I still got to enjoy one more farewell luncheon with some wonderful co-workers and friends!  
Sea Life field trip
One of the great benefits to being unemployed is that I actually get to sign up to be a volunteer for all of those fun activities at the kid's school that I always had to miss because I was working.

This week Connor's class went to Speyer to Sea Life and to the Speyer cathedral.  It was a great trip and so fun to see Connor with all of his friends.



We went with the other 4th grade class and the 5th grade class at their school.  This was the entire group

There are only 4 boys in Connor's class.  

This is his whole class (except for 1 girl that wouldn't let me take her picture).  It's been kind of neat for the boys to be in such small classes.  They've gotten really close with all the kids.

So glad he will still hug me and do bunny ears on my with his friends watching.  I hope he never stops this!!!

Speyer cathedral.  In the basement we visited the crypts and an old baptismal font.  All of the sudden half of the class got on their knees at the font and started praying.  My eyes immediately started to tear up.  These are a great group of kids!





A little time to play before we got back on the bus.  It was a great day
 Mother's Day
This Mother's day was a little different that usual.  Starting Tuesday night this week Whitney got sick and threw up all night long...  like every hour ALL NIGHT LONG!  It was awful.  However, this was just the beginning.... we ALL had our turn with this very lethal bug!!!  By the time Sunday came Connor was the last to get it and I had been up with him ALL NIGHT before.  No one could even go to church - we barely even got dressed for the day.  Jeremy was so sweet though and kept saying how bad he felt and made me promise to not do anything for him for Father's day.  Well, it wasn't so bad.  I got to be lazy all day with my wonderful 3 kids who love me!  What else could  Mother wish for???

Jeremy did make me an AWESOME dinner that night though... rib eye steak with mushrooms and onions, pesto pasta, salad and watermelon!!

And my sweethearts showered me with gifts.  I don't know how I got so lucky to have 3 healthy, sweet, really good kids!  They make the world seem like a better place, the give me hope and strength, they give me purpose for everything I do.  I love them so much!!!

No comments: