Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week 39

Rovinj, Croatia
Jeremy took me to Croatia to celebrate my 40th birthday!  He has to go to scout camp the week of my actual birthday so we went the weekend before. 


Happy 40th birthday to me!!


Our apartment in beautiful Old Town

This was such a peaceful place to rest at the end of the long days - we didn't see any other tourists up here unlike everywhere else in Rovinj

Leaving the Old Town 

The ground was all made of the rolled rock that was very slippery.  It was very difficult to walk on and I could only imagine how bad it was when it was wet.  Luckily, we made it without falling!

We took the ferry to neighboring islands.  We determined that Croatia is best seen from the water!

Rovinj - stunning!

Fresh sardines caught this morning!  So good!!

Selfie while we waited for the ferry
This is the restaurant where we had lunch on the island

Jeremy rented a private boat to take us out to some of the islands that were a little farther away


I spy a... speedo!!










I cut my foot on some rocks so I had to let it bleed out in the water



Our boat driver and photographer! :)


More fresh fish for dinner

Breakfast by the water

Farmers market


Lots of good shopping!  The best part was that everything was in Kuna so we had no idea how much money we were spending!

Walking up to the church



Time to go swimming now!





Jeremy is cliff jumping but you can't tell because I'm too close. haha!!








Yummy lunch!


Watching the fishermen cleaning their boat and nets after a long day



The perfect place to watch the sunset!

My heart, my life, my love!

Mexican restaurant in Croatia for dinner - and it actually (almost) tasted like a Mexican restaurant!

Our entertainers from Colombia

Jeremy was best friends with them before we left!



After leaving the party at the restaurant we happened upon another party going on right on the beach!  

The perfect end to the perfect weekend!  Thank you babe!

We had a great trip but were sooooo happy to see these cuties again!!

1 comment:

kathy said...

Croatia is so beautiful! I loved my trip there.