| Poor Whitney! She lost both of her front teeth at the same time!! She looks so cute!! |
Perpetual Laughter
Jeremy and I are in a new play called Perpetual Laughter. It is a series of short comedy skits. I'm in one called Arabian Nights and we are both on one called Soap Opera. It has been really fun doing this together but a lot of work!!
| Whitney hung out with us during play rehearsal one night this week and had fun trying on my wigs!! |
Cheer Camp
Whitney got to do the Cheer Camp again this week. She did this last year shortly after we moved here and couldn't wait to do it again!
Friends of the Pumpkin Fest
We love fests but really hate the Italian style of serving food. First you have to go to the cassa, wait in line and then order your food from a paper menu with nothing but words (no pictures) and it's all in Italian so we really don't know what we are ordering. We take that paper to a cashier and pay for our food. He gives us 3 receipts. Then we have to go find the food tent and proceed to wait in 3 different lines. The first line is for the food and the second line is for drinks. After waiting in the first loooong line and making it to the front we hand over our food receipt to a guy and our food begins to be prepared. While we're waiting in line there is a constant racket of a lady calling out numbers. We have to listen closely for our number 417 (in Italian) and all the while there is a huge group of people listening intently for their number. At that point we realized that we still needed to wait in the drink line. I sent Jeremy over to wait in that line as we waited to hear our number called. He came back after a while looking defeated holding only one bottle of water. I guess I only ordered one bottle of water and he couldn't order more there at the drink station because they couldn't accept money. If we wanted to order more drinks we would have to start the process all over again by going back to the cassa. Then seeing that there were no empty tables in the huge hall I sent Jeremy off to try to find us a place to sit while I remained at the front listening closely for our number to be yelled out in Italian. The receipt man had written ENGLISH on our ticket so when the lady with the microphone got our receipt and frowned and was quickly surrounded by younger Italians trying to figure out how to say 417 in English. I circumvented the problem by just going to the front and telling them it was mine and they didn't have to say 417 in English. Once I had the food it was time to find Jeremy and Whitney. I found them in the back waiting with their one bottle of water and we were finally able to eat! And the food was DELICIOUS!!! Totally worth the wait!
| Pumpkin tortellini and Pumpkin risotto. Oh. My. Gosh!!!! It was soooooooo good!! |
| Pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin cake - not as good as the main course but it was ok |
Opening Night!!
![]() |
| The cast for Perpetual Laughter! |


No comments:
Post a Comment