Monday, October 2, 2017

W50 of Y3

Court of Honor

We had our Court of Honor this week where all the boys received multiple merit badges that they earned over the summer.  Jeremy does such a great job as Scout Master!  These boys are really lucky to have him - especially since we live overseas.  Jeremy works so hard to ensure these boys get everything out of scouting that they would if they were in the U.S. 




At scout camp this year, Connor and Aiden were nominated by their peers to complete their order of the arrow.  I had never heard of this but it sounded crazy!  They had to work really hard all day, doing heavy labor, but could not speak a word for 24 hours!  Aiden actually cut his leg pretty bad and couldn't say anything.  Another adult did it with them and had to be driven away in an ambulance because he was getting high blood pressure but couldn't tell anyone that he was feeling sick.  



Jeremy got to do it with the boys.  


At camp, Jeremy also completed his wood badge project and is getting his certificate of completion.

You have to have food!

Vicenza vs. Hohenfels #67
W: 62-0

I was sad to miss Connor's game this weekend.  Jeremy and I stayed back for Aiden's birthday and sent Connor on the bus to Germany for Hohenfels homecoming football game.  Luckily, enough parents went so I still got some good pictures!












This one is my FAVORITE!!! :)
Yes, we killed them!  However, I was so proud of our team for being good sports and good winners.  The other teams coach sent an email to the school saying how impressed he was with our boys for their sportsmanship and conduct, on and off the field.   He said he heard several comments about this from staff, parents, and their players.  The last 2 games we lost due to unfortunate events and injuries and both teams were taking full advantage to rub it in our faces - the players and the parents.  There is nothing worse than a bad winner!  I'm so proud that our boys didn't take the opportunity to make Hohenfels feels worse than they already did for such a bad loss and at their homecoming game even!
Aiden's 14th Birthday Party

Aiden didn't want a party this year.  However, when I suggested a bonfire, my little pyro couldn't resist!!



A little ghost in the graveyard

None of the kids had ever heard of this game.  Jeremy had to explain to everyone how to play and it ended up being the highlight of the night!




Scavenger Hunt

After the party and everyone recovered we did a scavenger hunt for Aiden's birthday.  All he ever wants for his birthday is money - which is so boring!!  So, I have to figure out fun ways to give it to him.  I am pretty sure he liked this idea! :)

Yes, he had to unload the dishwasher for his first clue



Afterwards we went to Steak and Shake for dinner.  Yes, there is a Steak and Shake here and it is just like the one in the U.S.  (NORMAL MILKSHAKES!!!)  It is, however, an hour away and cost $100 for all of us to eat but.... it was worth it!!
(Jerome has been staying with us for the last 3 weeks while his Dad was in the U.S.)





Happy Birthday Aiden!!!

1 comment:

Cookie House said...

What a great idea for Aiden? Looks like he had so much fun.