Temple Trip
Once again, someone was leaving the country. This week it was Connor.....
and 62 youth from our Stake on their way to Switzerland for a week long Temple Trip.
(Aiden stayed back so he could try out for Tennis.)
Gunfighter Gym
We had a team building activity at work this week where we got to be Soldiers for the day!
 |
| Trying to do the Charlie's Angels pose. My camera didn't like the lighting in there. |
 |
| It was as if I was in a large video game. Super cool, but... I think I had better stick with my day job! |
Middle School Transition Week
Whitney got to do a Middle School Transition Camp this week and she loved it! The middle school has it's own recreation center where the kids can play video games, music instruments, pool/fuseball, watch TV/movies, access to a huge indoor basketball court, outdoor court, and tennis courts, access to FREE food, cooking lessons, the list goes on.... There is also a free shuttle that goes from the center to my work and to our house. AND... to top it off, they have the nicest staff that the kids love working there. I am pretty sure this is going to be Whitney's second home for the next 3 years!
 |
| And... there is a nice, outdoor pool just down the street where they go in the afternoons (which is why she is wearing a suit under her dress)! |
Tennis
Aiden decided to try out for Tennis this year. Practices started this week before tryouts next week.
 |
| This was as close as I dared to get! |
Spontaneous Laughter
Jeremy and I decided to try out for the short plays at Soldier's Theater this week and both got parts!
Jeremy and I are going to be in a short pay called 'A Tall Order'. There are only 2 parts so it is just the 2 of us on stage the whole time. This is going to be fun!
 |
| LOTS of lines to memorize! |
The Rückauers are here!!
Our wonderful friends from Germany came to visit us this week
 |
| Mario is definitely the universal language!! |
 |
| These 2 played and played all week without understanding a word each other said! |
 |
| These guys reminded me so much of Connor and Aiden at this age. So cute! |
 |
| Whitney's giving lessons on how to make slime |
 |
| Connor finally got back in time for our last night with our dear friends |
 |
| We were also honored to have Amalia share her birthday with us! |
 |
| Auf Wiedersehen until next time! |
More Temple Trip pics.....
 |
| Stopping along the road on the way down for lunch |
 |
| First day at the temple |
 |
| All 62 youth |
 |
| Just our ward |
 |
| Exploring Berne |
 |
| Bus ride home |
 |
Don't they look thrilled! I think they were all ready to be home.
However, I asked Connor if he was glad that he went and he said Yes, so..... I guess the trip was a success!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment