Whitney started getting blisters 9 days ago. They only last for about 15-20 minutes and then they disappear and new ones show up. So far I've only seen them on her face, hands, feet, forearms and lower legs. They don't seem to bother her but they are driving me crazy!! Being an RD, of course, I have suspected a food allergy. I cut out all dairy (she hates rice milk!), eggs, peanut butter, strawberries, bananas, wheat, etc... It doesn't matter what I do, she still gets them! I have kept a food log of everything she eats and I can't make a connection. It doesn't seem to be related to water or the temperature. I have only used Melaleuca laundry and cleaning products since before she was born and they are all organic, natural products without toxins, allergens, and chemicals. I am not really sure what else it could be at this point.
I finally took her to the Dr. yesterday. He took a quick glance and said "Those are hives. Come back in a month if they're not gone." I was so frustrated. I took in my camera with a million pics and her food diary. He didn't even want to see any of it. He barely even looked at her! If anyone has any ideas/suggestions let me know. I have done a ton of research online but can't figure it out.
It's hard to tell in the pictures but the "hives" are raised up from the skin and look like they have fluid in them.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, I have so much to say to you, but always forget until to late to call you. The hives, ouch, did you give her benadryl? Call her dr.? I'd love to talk with you about food allergies! Please call me. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. And Walmart is having Jeeps on sale the day after thanksgiving for only $88, which are usually like $300. Anyway, looks like you guys had a blast with your super cute, hip nanny. How's watching all those cute girls going? Miss you, call me
Remeber I use to get HIVES in Kansas!!! It would only last 15-30 minutes and then go away. But mine itched me real bad. She's not ithcing them or anything? Anyway, I would get them from water. It didn't matter what temp it was. Any river or lake, and even the dew on the grass would make me break out on my feet and ankles. That doesn't really help you though, sorry. I can't believe Whit-Bit has Hives! Wierd! Poor little girl! Good luck. Although, it's wierd that the Dr. gave you a MONTH to wait. That seems like a long time. Good Luck
~ Cami
You need a different doctor. There are tests they can do to find out what is causing those hives.
Post a Comment