Sunday, August 23, 2009

Week 26

This is Jeremy writing again... I know, I know. I can already hear the moaning and groaning. I promise Amy will be writing and uploading millions of photos again soon. It is now 10:13pm here in Germany. Amy spent today recovering from jetlag and listening to each one of the three kids talk non-stop to her ALL day long. It's almost like they've been saving it for 2 weeks and now. After holding it for so long, it's just pouring out. I could elaborate with some colorful analogies but I think you get the point.

Mommy! Mommy! Guess what Mommy? Mommy... uh... I forgot what I was going to say... uh... oh ya! Mommy! She was a trooper. Fielding questions like a real pro, with the calloused patience of one who has been peppered incessantly with bullet like "mommy" questions ever since Connor could form a complete sentence. Each child has a different style in their quest to gain Mommy's attention. Connor starts his question with the ubiquitous MOMMY and then barrels through, undeterred by potential interruptions or any lack of acknowledgement on Amy's part. He gets his point across though. Aiden is a little more sensitive. He pulls the trigger, releases his "mommy" and then waits for the proper response. He needs a solid "what?" with the proper tone, pitch, and intent before he'll proceed. If he doesn't get the right "what?" he will immediately respond with a defiant and often times dejected "never mind". He let's it hang in the air like a piƱata that hasn't burst, like ten bowling pins standing in a row, like a line of a unpopped bubble wrap that disappears into the horizon. It takes a while for him to recover and then of course you have to coax the next "mommies" out of him... but it's a pretty good strategy. Whitney is still developing her strategy, but I have a feeling that when she's perfected the art, she will be the queen and master, delivering her "mommies" with pinpoint, laser like accuracy. Needless to say... I've managed to learn to remain stoically quiet through it all, even though one of my favorite past times is to talk to my best friend.

Didn't mean to go off on that tangent. Just wanted to put something down for this week. Wouldn't want week 26 to feel left out.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Now THAT was a REALLY funny post Jeremy! I laughed OUTLOUD even!!! :) Although, to truly understand EVERYTHING you said, I would have to look up like 5 words you used!!!! Jesh man! :) You could be a writer or an author though! Very funny and elaborate descriptions. Although, I feel bad, because I didn't even check Amy's blog until now, because I knew she was gone, so didn't think there would be a post. That's very nice of you to keep it up for her! Hopefully you got some major brownie points for that!!! ;)

~ Cami

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, That is so sweet that you think of your wife as your best friend. :) Mom (in law)