Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week 23

One day the batteries in my camera died and that was the day I stopped blogging. Lame, I know. I finally changed the batteries and started taking pictures again but the desire to blog was gone. Now... I'm back.

What have we been up to?

It's been beautiful, warm weather here. Lots of days eating popsicles at the park.



I had to take a video of Whitney telling a bee exactly what she thought if it trying to get some of her popsicle. lol!



One day Aiden decided to make his own lunch.
I was quite impressed with what he actually came up with.


The boys have begged me to buy them some Axe body wash for a couple of months now. Everytime we go grocery shopping they see the bottle and the diagram on the back. You can't tell very good in the picture but, basically it shows a girl being attracted to a boy because he uses this body wash. I finally bought some for them and they took a shower as soon as we got home.

My best friend from 8th and 9th grade in Moscow, ID came to Germany! I spent an entire day with her and one of her friends. We drove the whole day but it was SO much fun to get to know her again and get caught up. I felt like I was in Jr. High again. It was great!

We have been having our weekly library trip. The boys signed up for their summer reading program so I told them they have to go to story time and craft time too. They never want to do story time because "it's for babies" but I make them go for Whitney. They end up liking it too even though they're too cool to admit it.





More random pics of us just hanging out...





Auerbach Schloss (Castle)

This castle is about 15 minutes from our house. We see it from our street but we'd never been there. It is mostly in ruins but it was so fun to explore and the view was spectacular!!


















They had a little restaurant where we got lunch.
It was really a great day!



Grandma Sheri is here! YAY!!! :)

This has been a fun weekend showing Grandma Sheri around. The kids just love having her here, and it's NO WONDER! She has been doing all of the kids favorite things...

Soccer



Playing Sorry



And even re-learned to ride a bike!


Look at her go!



I was so proud of her!

4 comments:

Kathy (Mom) said...

Amy, I am so glad you are back, I was getting worried. You know this is the only way I can keep up on what is going on with my darling grandchildren. Keep up the good work. Grandma Sherri, I am jealous! And you know why, haha.

The Ormsby's said...

your blog is always so fun to look at. makes me hope that our family will have our own "adventure" someday. if you do go private, please include us ormsbyj@hotmail.com

Jenny ("lingo's" wife)

Cami said...

Cute pics! It look slike the boys are rock climbing up the side of the castle in that one pic!! It caught me off gaurd at first! Looks like everyone is having fun. I LOVE that old castle! We could take TONS of killer pictures of we lived there. Everywhere you guys go looks like a perfect spot for a photo shoot. I miss you guys!!! Call me when you can!!!!!! I need to chat with my sis!!!!!

~ Cami

Rachel said...

How amazing! What a wonderful place to live. How fun to see an old friend too. Your daughter looks just like you I think. Keep exploring, memory making and enjoying the time there.