For those of you who follow my blog you will be shocked to hear that I didn't take very many pictures this week. Weird, I know! I guess I will have to blame it on Whitney....
Our lives pretty much revolve around peeing and pooping on the potty. She has done so good! She actually did her first #2 in the toilet this week and she's gone several days without accidents. But... we still can't let our guard down just yet.
The other MAJOR occasion this week was Elder Jenkins birthday party. The boys were soooo excited to celebrate. They decorated his cake all by themselves and made birthday cards and banners to put up all over the house. lol! It's going to be a sad day when he gets transferred. We had the Bishop of our ward and his wife over too for the party.
This weekend Connor was invited to the bowling alley for a birthday party. It's always tricky when one gets invited and the other one doesn't. We invited 2 of Aiden's best friends from school over to play while Connor was gone. That seemed to take his mind away from not being invited to the birthday party. His little friends are really cute and the 3 of them together are so funny.
The day of the program the boys were so excited. There was so much hype and preparation for this program compared to any others in the past. Half of the time we forgot or didn't even know about the primary program until we got there! The beginning of the program all the kids and the leaders were on the stand. All of the sudden one of the leaders just stood up and sang the first first of "I'm a Child of God" in Greek (she went on her mission to Greece), then 2 girls stood up and sang the same verse in French, then the Bishop's wife stood up and sang it in Chinese, then all by themselves little Connor and Aiden stood up and sang it in English.. without music or anyone helping them, then the other 2 primary kids stood up and sang it in German. It was such a spiritual and powerful moment to hear that song in all the different languages and knowing that no matter who you are, how old you are, or what language you speak we really ARE all children of God!
Then it was time for them to say their verses in the microphone. Aiden needed a little help but everyone was very impressed with his pronunciation... they said he speaks better German than I do (which isn't too hard to do). Then Connor got up there and read the whole verse all by himself. I was so proud of them knowing how much work and effort they put into that. I wanted to record Connor reading his verse later that night but we couldn't find the paper. I was so sad! Then Connor said he didn't even need the paper and he remembered how to say it. And he did!! AMAZING!!!
1 comment:
Wonderful job Connor! I am very proud of you. Grandma Kathy
Post a Comment