HAPPY THANKSGIVING
It was interesting celebrating Thanksgiving in a different country for the first time. In Germany, it's business as usual. However, in our home it was as American as you can get! Unfortunately, since we don't have any family to spend the day with, I had to make the entire meal myself. No problem though... it was fun! Plus, we got to have the Missionaries over and our German "Grandparents", so we still had a full house.
Thanksgiving Morning
Hanging out
The Feast
The next day we got out all the Christmas decorations. Aiden wasn't feeling good so we just took it easy and spent the weekend decorating. The Germans don't decorate their Christmas trees until Christmas Eve, but we decided to keep that part of Christmas tradition the American way.
Another major highlight of this weekend is that Jeremy and I had a Soprano's party! We've been watching the entire series for the past few months and then celebrated as we watched our last 2 episodes this weekend. I tried to convince Jeremy to dress up like Tony and I would dress up like Carmela for the party, but he wouldn't play. lol! I'm not sure what we are going to do with ourselves now that the show is over.
1 comment:
How fun! Good job on the dinner!
Post a Comment