Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 49

Saying Good Bye

This week we had to finally good bye to Elder Jenkins. :( He's been here almost as long as we have! We had one last big dinner/party the night before he left. The boys had a 30 minute crying session after he left. We're sad he's gone but I'm know he's going to be back before we leave!!

Pine Wood Derby

The big event of the week was the Pine Wood Derby. Every night of the week Connor and/or Jeremy were working on their car. It weighed in at just under 5.0 ounces so they had to put a quarter on the back of it. It was definitely not the best looking out of the bunch.

Connor's is the skinny, flat black one with the quarter on the back.

Aiden and Whitney waiting for everything to start

Connor was chosen to help with the flag ceremony

First time racing Connor's car...




In the meantime...

Whitney found another girl wearing a pink "dresser"... they were instantly friends!


Such a good little cheerleader for her brother!! :)

Many, many races later....

The last and final race to determine the winner



I'm not sure who is happier in this video, Connor or Jeremy!!

Connor was FIRST place!!!

doesn't he look thrilled??

Good job Connor!!!!!!!

One of the parents took a couple of videos of the event and posted them on You Tube so that all the kids whose Dads are deployed could watch it from Iraq. The video's are really cute!




3 comments:

Cyndi Mosher said...

Congrats-you will have to share your winning secret Eugene and Zane will be starting their cars soon! Good job Connor!!
Love,
Aunt Cyndi

Cami said...

WOW! Good Job Connor (and Jeremy) I did that in Shop class in Junior High. I think I came in last! Whitney looked like such a cute cheerleader!

~ Cami

Anonymous said...

Hooray Connor! I am so proud of you! And Jeremy, I know you helped! Wish I could have been there to see it all. Mom