I have the world's best husband!
He gave me two BIG surprises this week....
My blog book!!! It is finally done!!! The whole reason why I started this blog over 2 years ago was to have all my posts put into a nice book so I didn't have to feel bad about not scrapbooking. Jeremy did all the work. He downloaded the software and put all the pages of the book together. It is very nicely put together... much nicer than I expected. It is 172 pages and cost around $130 for everything. Totally worth it!
Here are a few pictures of the inside:


This was just 2008. He's working on 2009 now so we can get caught up.
My second surprise... He took my unorganized collection of recipes created this!
I print most of my recipes off the internet and then add my own comments after making it so that I can remember how I did or how I want to do it for the next time. I only keep the recipes that are "keepers". He even put them all in page protectors so I can just wipe off the inevitable spills when I'm done. I only wish I had a picture of what I was using before. This is such an incredible improvement!!!
For the recipes that are written the "old-fashioned" way... on cards. He photo copied the backs of them and taped them onto a piece of paper so that I could keep them in the book. I had 102 recipes that he organized!!!
We didn't go to church on Easter Sunday because it was Conference Sunday and the hours are weird here. So we took our annual family Easter picture this week instead.
I thought it was interesting to compare last year's Easter picture with this year. We took the picture in the same spot outside our church by the same tree. You can tell we were much farther into Spring this time last year. The kids all look a lot older too.
Easter 2009
Easter 2010
He gave me two BIG surprises this week....
Here are a few pictures of the inside:
We didn't go to church on Easter Sunday because it was Conference Sunday and the hours are weird here. So we took our annual family Easter picture this week instead.
I thought it was interesting to compare last year's Easter picture with this year. We took the picture in the same spot outside our church by the same tree. You can tell we were much farther into Spring this time last year. The kids all look a lot older too.
4 comments:
Jeremy fantastic. You are amazing and so is Amy for her wonderful blog entries that I so enjoy. Your kids are growing so fast. Thanks for the post. Love Aunt Tobi
You're right, the pictures do show that everyone has grown a year! How I miss you all. Jeremy, I am so proud of you, you want to come and visit me for a week or two??? I have lots of things that need to be organized! Love, Mom
That picture is funny! It was def, more Spring last year! Your family is so cute. You guys look like such a happy family! I can't believe Jeremy!!!!! Where does he find the time for stuff like that!? He is sooooooooooo nice!!!! I couldn't even IMAGINE Mike doing ANYTHING like that! I get excited if he takes the garbage out without me asking him! I LOVE the book. I totally want to do that! What a good idea. I think it's worth the money too! The recipes is a good idea too. That's what you tried to start a few years ago with us, which is what lead me to do mine that way! I LOVE having my recipes in a 3-ring binder and protected so they don't all look dirty and gross, (like mom's) :) Anyway, good post. Talk to you later.
~ Cami
How great! I need to get my posts bound into a book like a journal. How wonderful would that be? Good idea for Christmas. Love the family pics too. I need to get us all in our Easter outfits again and take some good family pics.
Post a Comment