Sunday, April 25, 2010

W9 of Y2


Spring Time in Germany!!


In Germany, there are fields of beautiful flowers where you can cut as many flowers as you like and drop some change into a box.

The kids had fun picking out all their favorite colors and we all enjoyed the colorful display all week long!

One thing we haven't been able to find here in Germany is Sushi. I've been craving it for a while so I decided to try to make it on my own. Doesn't it look pretty?

Unfortunately, It looked better than it tasted....

Uncle Johnny

Jeremy's old college buddy came all the way from Texas to see us for a couple of weeks. The kids only know him as "Uncle Johnny".

We took him to our favorite Pizzaria on the corner. It is owned by Italians and the pizza tastes just like the ones we had when we were in Italy. It's soooo good!

Saturday Connor had a photo scavenger hunt for scouts. We took all the kids and made a day of it. I love being able to observe the kids in this kind of environment. I always learn a lot about them when they are around their friends or just other people!

Whitney

Whitney is very social. She saw this girl right away and immediately started playing with her.

Then this girl shows up and Whitney drops her younger friend like a hot potato. She was mesmerized by this older girl who wore "pretty shoes" (she was very impressed with her shoes and kept talking about how pretty they were!)

This girl was so sweet to Whitney and they held hands during the long walk. I was really glad that she was there so Whitney didn't want me to hold her the whole way.

Aiden


I realized I had lost Aiden and started looking around for him. I was so surprised to find he was far away watching some kids play basketball. He just stood there watching them. He would watch them really close and mimic the way the dribbled and when one kid would start running with the ball Aiden would follow him and do everything that the kid did. He stayed right with them and would hurry to get out of the way if they got too close to him. I'm sure he wanted them to ask him to play but they never did. He watched them for the longest time.


When everyone left they let him play with the ball and he stayed down there by himself trying out all the things he saw the older kids do. I thought he would like someone to play with so I went down there to play with him but he said "I want someone gooder to play with, not like a Mom or a girl!" (I had to hold back the tears.)

Connor
Connor is such a leader with his friends. As soon as he gets there he starts organizing what games everyone is going to play and who's on what team, what the rules are, where the bases are, etc... All the kids love it too!

We are so grateful for the good friends the boys have made here.

Johnny bought presents for everyone and we couldn't wait to show it all off at church on Sunday! He picked out church clothes for each kid. The clothes all fit perfect and they looked so great! Whitney was the talk of the ward in her new dress. He even thought to buy tights to go with it! I was very impressed. I think these are the nicest clothes that the kids own. (yes, that's the same spot we took our Easter pics just a couple weeks ago!!)

After church we walked around Luisenpark with Johnny. It was SO beautiful! Flowers everywhere, birds singing, kids laughing. A perfect Sunday afternoon!


4 comments:

Cami said...

Gosh! Whitney is getting so big! Pretty soon we won't be able to tell her apart from Aiden! Their hair is the same color and almost the same length in that fountain picture! It's cute! I can't believe there are so many pretty tulips everywhere! What a pretty time of year! I bet Spring is the prettiest. That's when I want to visit you! Sorry to hear you were "good" enough to play ball with Aiden! That's too funny! :)

~ Cami

Anonymous said...

You have such adorable children! And little Aiden is just like little Preston was the same way at that age. He did the same things with basketball, and baseball, and soccer, and ........ How interesting! It must be in the blood. Love, Mom

Heidi Meadows said...

What a beautiful place! I would love to visit Germany someday. That is so cool that you can pick the flowers and leave change in a box for them. Wonder how that would work here in the States?

Tara said...

Everything looked so beautiful! Makes me really miss you guys. All of your kids are getting so grown up. I love how Whit-bit is so into fashion. Makes me laugh ... :) Thanks for the pics. Connor is just like Tamara, always organizing and setting the rules..lol must be an only or oldest child thing.