Sunday, April 18, 2010

W8 of Y2

Spring Break!!!

This week was spring break for the boys. Jeremy was in Leibsig, Germany for most of the week and I had to work so I kind of felt bad that we didn't do much. However, we still managed to have a great time!

We went bowling one night


Dinner at the bowling alley. Yum.... ?


Our dear "Oma Lorz" (German for Grandma) came and picked the boys up and took them to the Heidelberg Zoo one day! The Lorz are so sweet and really are like adopted Grandparents for the kids. We truly love them both!

Aiden got this idea in his head that he wants to take pictures of animals and insects to make a book. So when he found out he was going to the zoo it really made his day! I was really impressed with his pictures. Here are just a few that he took.

Over the weekend we went to Tripsdrill. Jeremy had to attend an activity at church and couldn't come but we had a blast anyway! This was our first time being here so I was a little worried that the rides would be age-appropriate for my crew but they totally were! We spent the entire day there and then slept like babies that night.

The atmosphere was so charming! Little things like clothes hanging on the line overhead just gave it the right touch.

The surrounding area was just breathtaking. I was worried I was going to get in a wreck on the way down there because the scenery was so beautiful! Of course, it never looks as good on camera. But you get the idea.

A mechanical man spitting on the boys. They loved it!

There was hardly anyone there which made it really nice. Poor Connor had to go by himself on a couple of rides though since Aiden could only go with an Adult and I had to stay with Whitney.


This was probably Whitney's favorite part. She kept saying "Mommy, look at the kitties!!"


This was her next favorite part! She was smiling so big and waving at everyone. She really thought she was really driving!!

These chicks just hatched! There were 2 more that were starting to peek out of their shells too.

I think they're starting to get sick of me taking so many pictures!!

Connor had to beg Aiden to go on the Tousendfussler (Thousand-footer: AKA - millipede). Aiden was really scared but when the roller coaster came around you can see him yelling at me saying "Mommy, it's not that scary!"

We watched a very interesting mechanical skit/musical while we ate lunch here. The Germans seem to really like these mechanical people and animals.

Here was have a lovely view of Adam and a topless Eve. The boys immediately ran up to get a better look but as soon as you get to the fence the serpent in the tree to the right spits water on you!

Snack time!

They had an adorable Kinder Toilette. Here Whitney is sitting on a little-girl potty....

.....And here's Connor washing his hands. It was an open bathroom for girls and boys. Whitney didn't care but the boys were just not down with that! They got stage fright.

I have to say I wasn't too disappointed for having to miss this ride. They were a little wet!

Whitney's big accomplishment for the week is learning how to do this:


I think it's time for a big girl bed!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it is time for a big girl bed before she hurts herself!! and I loved Connor's pictures, what a good photographer! Tell him I said that. And tell Aiden I am proud of him for being so brave. I love your children! Love Mom

Scott and Tobi said...

That was a cute post. Poor Whitney, she will love the potty pictures especially when she grows up. I got such a kick out of the video. She sure is a smart little one and Strong too!!! Love Aunt Tobi

Cami said...

Gosh! Yeah, you guys really didn't do much over Spring Break, all you did was go bowling, go to the zoo, AND go to an amusement park!!! Geezsh! What a fun-filled week. Looks like everyone had fun. Tell Aiden he did a really good job taking those pics at the zoo. I would like to buy one of his picture books when it's made! :) Love & miss you guys!

~ Cami

Jeremy and Amy said...

Tobi,
I know! I always take pics of her on the potty cuz I think it's so cute! She's going to hate me for it someday though! :) Miss you guys!
Amy