Sunday, November 28, 2010

W40 of Y2: Part II

The second part of this week consists of what Jeremy and Whitney were doing in the States all week. First they went to Philadelphia to see Grandma and Grandpa Cates new house and the schools where they work.



After a couple of days in Philly they flew to Utah for the family reunion. They stayed one night in a hotel, which meant swimming!!

They had so much fun in Utah. His family was so organized and had everything planned so no one was ever bored. I wish we could have all gone!! They had everything from their traditional Turkey Bowl football game, to a family talent show, lots of little kids running around, TONS of games/competitions, crafts for the kids (and adults), and of course sledding!!

Jeremy's top 10 funniest quotes from the Sanders Aspen Grove Family reunion 2010:

10. "Ok (heavy breathing) what are we going to do? (heavy breathing) Everyone just go long (heavy breathing) I'll just throw it to you"

9. "Where is Cesar? Uh... I don't know... check the kitchen."

8. "It (Cow stomach) wasn't so bad... I only gagged like 4 times"

7. "Alright Dane, change your angle and position so the other side of the room can share the joy."

6. "It's so cold out there... I think I my eyeballs just froze."

5. "Where are the 6 cups that I wrote my name on?"

4. "Is that a diaper or did someone just cropdust the lodge again?"

3. "I don't think that kid belongs to us... or does he?"

2. "Why does my left leg feel like jell-o?"

1. "Probably one of the best reunions ever!"

Honorable mention:
- "Unicorns and Rainbows"
- "This menudo smells and tastes like stinky feet."
- "I think Grandpa turned his hearing aides off."
- "Go BYU, Go U of U! Oh who cares?"
- "Who stole my food?"

Pre-Turkey Bowl

My baby's still got it!!

Post-Turkey Bowl

Jeremy and his Uncle - unable to move after the Turkey bowl.


Even Grandma took a turn down the hill. I love this picture!

Whitney loves her Aunt Abby!






Before they knew it they were back on the plane to Germany!!
Coming back home to Mommy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to have a family reunion like that. How about getting Jeremy to work on it?? Looks like they both had a great time! Mom

Cami said...

Gosh, where did that post come from! I am so glad I saw it though! It looks like so much fun. I am actually jealous right now that I didn't get to go, and I don't even know any of them. It looks like everyone had a blast though! That picture of EVERYONE is sooo beautiful with the snowy mountains in the background! Gorgeous! I bet they loved seeing Whittles!

Scott and Tobi said...

Amy it was the best reunion and Whitney was a doll. I wish Jeremy would have gotten a picture of her in her princess dress with her princess hairdo. She was priceless. You and the boys were very missed. 2012 you must all be there.

Love Aunt Tobi