Sunday, November 28, 2010

W40 of Y2: Part I

There they go... sniff... sniff! My little princess and her Daddy flying to the US for Thanksgiving.


Thanksgiving was just another day for us. On the way to school that morning we saw the very first snowflake! The boys were squealing with delight!! After school that day we celebrated with Turkey hotdogs and Mac&Cheese. The boys were thrilled! After dinner we brought up the Christmas decorations and decorated the house and Christmas tree.


Didn't they do a great job!?!

The boys actually made these pies all by themselves! They were so proud!!

Connor had a school play this week just for grades 4 & 5. He was one of the main characters, Paul and spent the last 3 weeks practicing. In fact, our whole family acted out the play for family home evening one night to help him learn his lines. He really got into it! Jeremy was bummed he was going to miss it so I promised to take a video of it. I was using Aiden's camera all week (Jeremy took mine) and right when the play started I took 2 seconds of video and the memory was full!! Ugggh!! I frantically started erasing pictures and took more video. I had to do this throughout the entire play. So.... I only got a little bit on video. The whole class did so well!




This weekend was the weekend of birthday parties!!! Friday AND Saturday! One thing that I love about their school is that all the kids play together. We had kids from Grade 1 up to Grade 5 at the parties and everyone just played together and didn't care. That is one advantage of a small school!












Saturday night I took the boys to Fody's. A restaurant that people have told me about. It has an American feel to it and a great atmosphere for kids. After dinner we went and saw a great kid's movie: Alpha and Omega. It was fun to hang out with just my boys! I have to say.... I missed Jeremy and my little princess so much this week - but the boys and I really had a blast! It was fun to just do stuff that they like to do and spend time with them without distractions. I feel so blessed to have such great boys!! They kept me in stitches all week. They are so fun and funny!!





Sunday we had our Thanksgiving feast. The boys really got into helping me get ready for it. They made name tags for each of our guests and colored pictures to put up all around the house. They were really excited for our guests to arrive and to eat the food they helped me make!



All of our guests! They are all very dear to us and we are so grateful for each of them. It was a wonderful evening!

Aiden's welcome home poster for Daddy and Whitney! We pick them up in the morning. There will be a W39 of Y2: Part II this week which will be all the pictures Jeremy took during his family reunion. It sounds like they had a great time. I'm really glad the 2 of them got to go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so fun to get to see Jeremy and Whitney, and I am so bummed that the rest of you didn't get to come! Aspen Grove 2012! Hopefully we'll see you then...or sooner!

Cami said...

Aaaaawwwweeee... your post made me so sad for you without your little "whittles" (and Jer-Bear)! It does look like you and the boys had a lot of fun though! What does, "kept me in stitches mean?" I didn't get that. I like all the pics!

Anonymous said...

Kept in stitches means laughing so hard you side aches, Cami. I am glad you have so many good friends over there Amy. Love Mom