
This week the kids had their African Day celebrations after school. Aiden won this elephant. I begged him to let me have it but he wouldn't part with it.

I had to stay in Stuttgart one night this week for work so Jeremy came and stayed with me. We walked to an nice Irish Pub next to our hotel for dinner. Fish & Chips... my favorites! :)

Friday night Jeremy and the boys had to register their cars for the pinewood derby the next morning. So... I let Whitney get as Fancy as she wanted and the girls went out to dinner! She seriously picked this outfit out all by herself... including the purse!

I wanted to take Lindsay to my favorite Schnitzel Restaurant in Hemsbach.
This is the Zweibeln Schnitzel.

Whitney was the perfect little lady all through dinner. When it was time to go the owner of the restaurant came out and put her coat on for her. She thanked him with a curtsy. lol!

This is how you will find Aiden most of the time at home lately... snuggled up with Lindsay.
He especially loves her!
The Pinewood Derby
This was a pretty big deal this year. Connor did it last year but didn't really know what to expect or what was going on. This year he was really looking forward to it and Aiden was so excited that he could participate this time.

Whitney was so proud of her big brothers!

First the Tigers. Aiden's car in the front row, the first one on the right.


Aiden was sooo cute! He was cheering, smiling, jumping up and down every time his car won.

Aiden got second place. The way they judged the race was really dumb! Aiden never lost a single race and was way ahead of every single car that he raced. However, he got second somehow. The kid who got first never even raced Aiden's car. I was really annoyed by this but decided not to make a big deal about it because Aiden seemed super happy to have second and didn't seem to care.

Whitney was having fun eating popcorn and cheering on her brothers.

Now for the bears. Connor's is in the front row, first one on the left. (it's a little blurry)


Connor was MUCH more serious. This was the closest I could get him to a smile. He was mostly just biting his fingernails the whole time looking really nervous.

He ended up getting first out of the Bears!
Since both of the boys placed in the top 3 that meant we had to wait around until the final championship at the end of the day. So we went to the park. It was really windy but a really beautiful day.

Drinking hot chocolate


Yes, that's Lindsay at the top inside with the boys. This is why we love her!
The Final Championship
Connor and Aiden were so cute cheering each other on, giving each other thumbs ups and high fives, etc... I had so much fun just watching them!

Then... the moment we were all fearing. Aiden and Connor had were in the top 3 out of all the scouts and had to compete against each other.

Here it is! You can hardly tell but they said Aiden's car was just barely ahead of Connor's.

Aiden ended up getting first out of the entire Pack and Connor had second. Connor was a good sport and was happy for Aiden. We had the missionaries coming over for dinner that night so we had to rush straight home to make taco salad and the boys were so excited to tell them blow-by-blow everything that happened. Such a long, exhausting, but totally unforgettable day!
3 comments:
I am sooo proud of the boys. Did Jeremy help make their cars? If so he did a fantastic job! And who was that handsome young man with the short haircut? He is very good looking!!! Tell Whitney I love her new purse she took to dinner, too. Love you all, see you in June!
That is so funny that it all came down to the two boys! Good job Connor and Aiden! That is awesome! I had to do that once in woodshop, in junior high, and my car was lame and got almost last place! You have such a nice husband Amy that Jeremy would come and stay with you in Stuggart with you! He is always thinking of little nice together moments. Way to go Jer-Bear! I bet your bank is full of points! ;)wink wink! I moss you AMY!!!!!!!!! I want to talk to you, but I will be at the gym every morning this week! You can always give me a jingle some afternoon if you are up late! BYE!
So Amy, do the kids babysit Lindsay while she plays? lol
So glad everyone is happy and enjoying life!
Post a Comment