Sunday, February 13, 2011

W51 of Y2

Yes, ANOTHER birthday party!

This time it was for a boy in Aiden's class but when I went to pick him up he wasn't ready to leave yet so Whitney and Connor got to play a little too.




The party was at Pinocchio which is like all your other bouncy house-type places here in Germany except it has a hochseilgarten (high-ropes course). You have to be 8 years old to do this course but they let Aiden go since Connor was with him.

If only we knew the nightmare that was about to unfold....

Here they are still excited and acting cocky.

All fitted into their harnesses and ready to go up. Still smiling.

The first problem... the bucket. Connor sat down in the bucket with his feet hanging out and then got half way across and got stuck. He couldn't get his feet back into the bucket and couldn't go anywhere. He tried so hard to pull himself to the other side, but it didn't work.
By now both of the boys are in tears and starting to panic.


Aiden tried to go on the other side to help him but was too far away.

So Aiden went across and pulled with all of his might and finally got Connor across.

The next problem... Connor and Aiden climbed onto this log together and then were too scared to let go of the red rope to grab the other white rope to get across. It didn't help that the other one kept making the log move. They were both screaming and crying for me to get a worker to help them but there was no way anyone could help them - they just had to get across. I couldn't stop laughing so that made the boys even more mad.

Aiden finally got across but Connor refused to move. Soon there were 8-10 little kids behind Connor waiting to go but no one could move until Connor did. Finally one of the dad's that was up there helped Connor across on the logs.

They were so happy to get down. I had to prove to everyone that they were ok afterwards here. I had to buy them all an ice cream to make up for laughing at them though.

Valentine's Day

I know it's not Valentines Day yet but we decided to celebrate on Saturday instead of Monday since it was on the weekend.

We've been wanting to eat at this restaurant in Ladenburg for a long time, Die Kartoffel. We had heard so many good things about it! I love this city, it is so charming and the restaurant is perfectly situated in the heart of it.

The menu is simple. You pick your meat and your topping for your baked potato and that's about it. They bring your meat out on a hot stone and you cook it yourself at your table.

Such a wonderful evening with my sweetheart!

After dinner Jeremy surprised me with flowers and chocolates. I love him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy! You are so mean to your children! I have to say Dad and I laughed and laughed at your blog. Your poor boys. That place didn't look very safe, I can't believe there was no way to help them! And no workers watching in case someone needed help? Wow! Such great pictures.

Amy said...

Amy- I couldn't help to laugh at this post. Only because I can totally picture you laughing and taking photos during those terrifying events. Also, I'VE BEEN TO THAT RESTAURANT... 7 years ago! I hope it was as good as I remember! Happy V-Day!

Amy

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AMY!!!!!!!!



love,TAMARA

Parker and M'Liss said...

Woww the kids look alot more grown up. Tell them I say hi. Germany still looks amazing. Enjoy it for me too!!!

Parker

Parker and M'Liss said...

Wowww the kids look so grown up. Tell them i say hi and enjoy beautiful Germany for me!