The Altarpiece of the Three Wise MenTime for some hot chocolate and lunch!!
Valentines Day
Jeremy and I had already celebrated Valentines Day over the weekend so Monday was just another day for us. But... the boys had an interesting day.
The kids at the International School did not exchange "valentines cards" because you can't buy them here in Germany and some of the kids have never heard of this tradition in their home countries. So, Connor's teacher (who happens to be American) decided to have the kids write a little note saying something nice about each kid in their class.
Here are the cards that all the kids wrote for Connor:
Ola: Dear Connor, I like play with you. You are very nice. Thank you for all things.
Giulio: Hi. You are a good friend and you are a good golly.
Avneet: In soccer you are the best gollea in the world.
Nahilla: I was really surprised that you were on page E even that far is really good. I am still on page D 2-digit, 1 digit. Now I think you really are good in math!
Kaede: Connor, thank you for everything. You are nicely because sometimes you smile to me.
Ethan: Dear Connor, You are bery good at multiplication. I am so amazed that you are on your 2-digit, 2-digit thon. Happy Valentine's Day!
Mr. B: You are always so friendly to everyone when working and playing. I admire how easily you share with and include everyone.
Alex: Connor, You have a cool little sister. You are great at making people cheer up.
Jack: Dear Connor, You are very good at soccer! You make me laugh a lot! Peace and Love!
Sofi: Happy Valentine's Day. You are a good goly!
Kaan: You're the best goalie ever
Sophie J. : Dear Connor, you climb the tree better than I do.
Charlotte: Dear Connor, you always know how to make me laugh with the stories about your little sister. P.S. your hair feels nice and looks cool.
Mias: Dear Connor, I like sitting with you! Happy you-know-what.
Jordan: You are the best goaly I know. So it is so cool!
Tyra: Dear Connor, I think you are very nice to your little brother and you are a very good big brother.
The comments about his brother and sister were my favorites. He loves them so much and all of his classmates can tell. So sweet.
Aiden, my little romantic, decided to give the love of his life (a 5th grade girl) a chocolate rose. He begged me to buy this rose for him one Saturday when he was grocery shopping with me so he could give it to her. I was lucky enough to be there when he made his move. He was walking around after school with the rose in his hand looking for her. When he saw her he just stuck the rose out and handed it to her. He didn't say a single word. She took the rose and smiled but didn't say anything either. Then he came with me and she walked off with her friends. Aiden was so proud of himself for having the guts to do that. He kept saying "I bet Daddy could never do that!"
After we all got home that day we were greeted by the cutest little valentine ever!!!
2-Year Anniversary
It completely snuck up on us this year. Friday morning Jeremy reminded me that 2 years ago that day we moved to Germany. We had to go back to our boarding house which was all we knew for so long (it seemed!). We lived here for 3 months until we found a house and didn't have a car for most of it so we just knew whatever we could walk to (about a 2 mile radius). We had everything we needed though right in this little area. The kids are especially fond of this little park where we went every day - mainly to keep our sanity! We've all learned and grown so much since our first few months living here. It was such a scary decision to move our entire family to another country to live for 3 years but I can honestly say that I'm so glad we did. If I could go back and make the same choice again, I would! I can't believe we only have 1 year left!
February 18, 2009
February 18, 2010
February 18, 2011
3 comments:
What a great post. The kids have changed so much in the last two years. I have loved seeing them grow up before my eyes. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Love Aunt Tobi
Two years have gone by already! What sweet pictures! And what great memories! Mom
Gosh! I guess I haven't looked at your blog in a while. I had a lot of catching up to do. I feel like I just read a really good book, with great pics. Your kids are so much bigger than 2 years ago! Esp little Whittles! That Cathedral is soooo massive! I love the pics you posted. I always do. Tell Aiden "good job" on being quite the ladies man..... ;) miss you guys
Post a Comment