Sunday, April 10, 2011

W7 of Y3

It is officially spring here in Germany. Beautiful weather EVERY day!

Stuttgart

I had to go to Stuttgart overnight for work one day this week so I brought Lindsay and Whitney with me. It was so fun to have them there - it felt a lot less like work!

I took her to the PX to pick out any outfit she wanted to go out to dinner. This is the awesome outfit she picked out all by herself.

We had some delicious Swabian food at a local Brauhaus for dinner.

Spring in Huttenfeld

All the tractors are out and there is a constant whif of manure in the air. You know it's spring in Huttenfeld. I love it!


I love how it's still light enough and warm enough to go to the park after dinner now!

Wiesbaden
We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go on another daytrip this weekend. This time we went to Wiesbaden, Germany. Wiesbaden is known for its' hot springs (its' name means 'Meadow Baths'). In Roman times it was called Aquae Matticorum and was very popular for the hot baths. The city was bustling with activity. There was an Easter market, a Farmers market, an International Film Festival, and the German equivalent to NASCAR all going on the same weekend we were there. Thanks to my friend who lives there we knew all the best places to go!





Side note: Aiden just got these new shoes the day before. He asked Jeremy one day if he could get some 'clown shoes'. It took Jeremy a while to figure out what he was talking about. so funny!




The BEST Caprese Salad I've ever had!!



This is the original Roman wall that still stands there today.




The water was so hot you could barely touch it!

These kids came to the square on these 'shoes'. It was fun watching them jump around.

Royalty walking around downtown

It was a perfect day! Even the kids didn't complain about having to walk and sight see. We all loved it!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yay! I loved seeing pictures of you guys visiting places that are familiar to me! I'm glad you guys had a good time and there was so much going on downtown. i can't wait til we can finally meet!