Sunday, April 3, 2011

W6 of Y3

The perfect weekend!

It was mid-70's and sunny all weekend. Gorgeous! We knew it would be nice so we planned a little day-trip to Würzburg, Germany. We definitely did not have enough time for this city. So much to see, so much history. I can't think of a better way to enjoy a beautiful day than exploring a new city!

Walking through the city. You can see Fortress Marienberg in the distance.

Residenz Palace


Residenz Gardens







These little cherub statues were interesting. They seemed to be fighting and had tails!



We walked, and walked, and walked until we found a place to eat. Of course, I was hoping for traditional Franconian food (whatever that is) but settled for this pizzeria. The kids were happy!

2 comments:

Cami said...

Looks like a beautiful day. Whitney was even in a short denim skirt and you had capris and flip flops!! Oh, I can't wait to have shorts weather again! It seems like every picture has you and Whitney together. Is she a momma's girl?!!? So cute! Well, it looks like you had another fun weekend adventure! ;) I LOVE the big buildings and statues.

Christy said...

I love Wurzburg. I have only been there once but I was so pleasantly surprised and loved the Residenz. Did you guys go in? It's breathtaking inside. Love the bridge and the little city. Definitely a great day trip. I can't wait to go when the flowers start to bloom more.