Sunday, July 24, 2011

W22 of Y3

This week started off with Kayla's 5th birthday.
The kids insisted on making a "cake" out of all of her favorite doggy treats.

I could never get her to look up for the picture.

The weather has been nice here. Upper 60's - low 70's. Not warm enough for the lake but perfect for bike rides!

Taking a break to look for frogs on the lily pads

Stopped to pick some veggies and fresh flowers




Stopped at a neighbors house to see her new baby ducks

Yes, that's duck poop on my shirt!

Eating ice cream and reading books outside. Does it get any better than this?

Not sure what was going on in this picture. Someone hi-jacked my camera and took some pretty funny shots. This picture makes me smile. I love my little goof-balls!


My birthday!! Jeremy made me a yummy cake and the kids frosted it. Presents included: new jeans, a dress, gift card to H&M, gift card to Douglass (perfume store), and an SLR camera!! Get ready for some awesome pics on here!!

For my birthday I wanted to go to my absolute favorite place in Germany... maybe in the world!! Luisenpark - we spent the whole day there and I still could have stayed longer.







Aiden begged me to take his picture by this flower because "it's so beautiful!"

Ok - these flowers are called Fuchsschwanz- Agave and they come from Mexico. I have never smelled anything like them. I am officially on a mission to find these flowers and plant them all around my house some day. I had to take a picture and post the name on my blog so I never forget them. They are seriously that good!!





After playing at Luisenpark all day we got to eat dinner in the rotating restaurant on the top of the tower outside the park. The views are awesome and the kids loved going in circles while we ate!!

One day we were by our old boarding house, Platanenhof and decided to play for a bit at our old park. Aww... the memories!

Come rain or shine we know how to have fun in any weather!!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say. I felt like I just watched a really good movie! It looks like you have been very busy over the last couple weeks, but it all looks really fun! Once again, I am very jealous! Dad was almost unrecognizable in a few pics. He's so skinny! The kids sure look good and happy! you are Jer-Bear are such good parents! they are very lucky! Looks like they gave you a fantastic and huge birthday!!!! Spoiled girl you! :)

MamaCin said...

OK several comments:
1) The yellow flowers look very much like the Hawaiian plumeria. Maybe Jeremy needs to move you there next!
2)The jump shot is a Lindsay move. She taught me how to take those shots in Prague.
3)Everyone needs a duck of their own.
4) Glad you liked the charms.
5) We miss you all. Much love from O-H-I-O!!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen Agave like that -- I always thought it was a succulent. Those flowers are unmistakably plumeria and they are amazingly fragrant. We had a plumeria tree in our backyard in Hawaii.

I love reading your blog and try to keep up on your adventures -- sorry I don't comment more. I'm a lurker, I admit, but when it comes to plumeria, I just have to speak up! :-)

Anonymous said...

I feel like such a heel, so I've come back to apologize. I hate it when people only leave a comment on my blog to tell me I'm wrong and I've gone and done the same to you. I'm sorry! That was incredibly rude.

I'm going to try to leave more blog comments (nice ones, real ones, not smarty-pants-know-it-all ones) to make it up to you. Because I actually really love reading your blog.

Jeremy and Amy said...

Heather, you are so funny! You do not need to apologize. I'm so glad you told me the name of the flowers. I WANT THEM!!! I just wonder why the sign right next to that tree said agave??? I guess the Germans are the ones that are confused. I'll let YOU tell them. hahah!! :) Amy

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to set those Germans straight! Just fly me on out there . . .