Sunday, October 30, 2011

W36 of Y3

Since Halloween falls on a Monday this year we celebrated Friday AND Saturday instead.

Mannheim Fall Fest

Friday we went to the Mannheim Fall Fest which included trunk or treating, cake walks, bobbing for apples and bananas, cookie decorating, bouncy houses, haunted houses and MORE! It was a good time for everyone!

Scream ghost, Foofa, and a dead football player

Ready for trunk or treaters

Connor did his own nails!!



Waiting in line for the haunted house... which was actually pretty scary!

When the fest was over they lit up a "stage" and played music on the sound system so all the kids could dance. All 3 of them were right in the middle dancing away. I was having so much fun watching them I didn't want to run back to the van to get my camera. I was wishing I could keep that memory of them dancing and laughing and having so much fun forever.
It was a beautiful night!

Saturday we started the day out by seeing the new Spy Kids Movie

After the movie we went trick or treating in Heidelberg. Only half of the costumes made it for the second night. One of Connor's friends on the football team joined us.

There were A LOT of kids trick or treating! There was actually a line at most of the houses.


After trick or treating Jeremy and the boys went through the haunted house and then we walked back to the car cutting through the big playground that was completely dark and empty. The boys thought it was soooo fun to climb up the structures and go down the slides in the dark. Whitney didn't like it so much.

Overall it was a great Halloween weekend... and it's not even Halloween yet!

1 comment:

Christy said...

That looks like so much fun! We went trick or treating in Heidelberg our first year here and loved it. I love the houses there, AND the fact that it's on the secure base where people have to have ID's to get in. Here, it's not and it's crazy with lots of outsiders coming on. Pretty crowded. But still really fun, I guess. I just have a special place in my heart for Heidelberg. By the way, did you know YoGabba is my brother's show? My maiden name is Schultz. Older brother's name is Scott. :) I'm proud to see people wearing their costumes. So awesome!