Sunday, June 3, 2012

W15 of Y4

Schwaben Park
This week we took the girls out of school to go to an Amusement park for the day!!
It's a small park in the middle of nowhere... perfect for their ages!!  It was so nice to go with just the girls and not have the boys there wanting to go on bigger, scarier rides the whole time.  

I love these 2 little cutie-pies!!

Got soaked on the water ride!!
**BTW - we had a big discussion about the boots that morning.  Whitney insisted on wearing them and I couldn't think of any good reasons to say no.  She won this one! ** 

The favorite ride of the day for everyone!  They must have gone on this ride 20 times or more.

It didn't take Whitney long to decide she needed to sit like princesses on the horse


Checking herself out in the mirror

This is right about the exact moment that I started to get sick!

2 little monkeys watching the chimpanzee show

Best Friends Forever!!

Too tired to walk by the end of the day

All settled for the 2-hour drive home.  Just put in the Little Mermaid.

5 minutes later... ha!!
We are going to miss these girls... :(
Mykonos
Jeremy and I were able to sneak away for a date this week.  We went to our favorite Greek restaurant down the street.  My favorite place to go with my favorite people in Huttenfeld there.  Will we ever find another place like this in the US?  Where everyone knows our names and asks about our kids?  Where we laugh just seeing each other thinking of inside jokes?  Where we can walk home in 5 minutes if we need too? Where we can sit outside on a beautiful day overlooking the fish jumping in the water?  *sigh...*
Schloss Concert
In the entire 3 years of living in Huttenfeld we have never gone in the courtyard of the local castle in our village.  This weekend the Men's choir performed a concert here so we all got to go.  

Waiting for it to start.  We had to get there early and wait a long time just to get decent seats. I think everyone from the village was there!  They also had a visiting Men's Choir performing that night.  It was a beautiful evening.

Jeremy had his big solo and then they surprised him with a gift and words of gratitude for him.  He has made a lot of friends from this group.  One member told me that 2 things are very important in German culture... when boys are young it is soccer and when they become men it is singing in the choir.  We feel so blessed that Jeremy has been able to experience this and be a part of Huttenfeld's choir.







Walking home after the concert
Good-Byes

One of the many good-byes.  Today was said good-bye to the kids in the class we teach at church. I had to get a picture of them with Kayla because we somehow manage to tie Kayla into just about every lesson we teach.  We bribe the kids to be good during the lesson with finishing 5 minutes early to go see Kayla in the van.  These are some special kids!!  

1 comment:

kathy said...

I am so glad you recorded Jeremy singing with choir. That is the first time I have heard him sing. He does have a very nice voice.
I had no idea Huttenfield had a castle. Wish I could have seen it when we were there. Can't wait to have you home!