Sunday, June 17, 2012

W17 of Y4

Our last week in Germany.  
So many emotions...

Whitney is always asking me why I don't ever come to her school for lunch since she knows I have lunch from time to time with the boys at their school.  Since it was her last week at school I asked the teachers if I could join her for lunch.  They looked at me like I was crazy and had to get special permission for me to come.  Based on their reaction and all the kids reactions that day I am pretty sure no parent has ever joined them for lunch before!

This is how I found Whitney and her friends when I got there!
After killing her they all put her back together again


Getting ready for lunch.
The kids set the tables themselves with glass dishes and real forks and knives!
Waiting patiently to say prayer before eating
Lunch menu for the day:  Schnitzel nuggets, grated carrots, and potatoes
Another interesting note is that they don't drink anything during lunch.



Cutting her Schnitzel with a fork and knife...  such a big girl!
Also, I didn't realize she liked ketchup so much!!

After lunch all the kids brush their teeth together

Then it's free play!!

Waiting for parents to come and pick them up.

Whitney's last day of Kindergarten
Her teachers and friends made it such a special day!

Morgan Kreis
Picking out a rock to bring her good luck



An angel (made on a wine cork) to watch over and protect her

The Schmetterling-Bahn

Each child whispered a wish for Whitney's future into the stick

Then they burned the stick to watch the wishes go into the air

The kids built a human tunnel for Whitney to run through as they all said their goodbyes
Whitney's favorite teacher Pia.  They had a special relationship and we are so grateful for everything she did for Whitney over the last 2 years!!

Last Sunday in Germany
It was only appropriate that we attend the German Ward

It's like a large family there!  




Last day at our house
Alfred-Delp Strasse.... we'll miss you!


The kids LOVED our Audi A6 rental car... and by kids I especially mean JEREMY!!
After the last of our things were hauled away it was back to the boarding house for us.  We came full circle back to the beginning of our time in Germany!
Our park by the boarding house

The boys had some friends from school over 

Having so much fun with the giant lady in the sand


This is pretty much what they did all night long!

The next day we enjoyed our last doener kabob

Oh how I'll miss you!!

Connor's baseball awards ceremony


Good Job Connor!!
Luisenpark
I've said it a million times but I will say it again.  My absolute favorite place that we visited in all of Europe is Luisenpark.  My only wish was to spend one more glorious, beautiful day in heaven and that's what we did!!


We brought Whitney's best friend with us so they could spend one more day together







Such a special friendship.  I love these girls.  And, yes, they are wearing each other's clothes.
The night before our flight we had to go back to Huttenfeld for one last, emotional goodbye to Karen and Wolfgang
We love you guys!!
Next stop was the Lorz.  We couldn't leave Germany without one last goodbye with them.  We will miss our German Oma and Opa!

Our last dinner in Germany

Our last German Breakfast.  What will we do without a bakery on every corner???
No backing out now....
Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland!!!

1 comment:

kathy said...

This post makes me cry. So sad to leave all those memories behind. I am so glad you had so many good experiences other there.