Monday, March 31, 2014

March 2014

Chat n' Chew
The elementary school has a fun program where parents are assigned a group of kids who all read an assigned book and then meet over lunch to discuss.  I got to do it for Whitney and Aiden's classes.







Crazy Hair Day!!

We had our sweet friends Audrey and Emma over for playing and dinner

First nice day of the year... had to go to DQ!

I have crazy kids!! :)
Blue and Gold
Jeremy organized a combined Blue and Gold Banquet for 2 wards.  He did a great job! 











Last day at the hospital.  I will miss these great ladies but so excited for the next step in my career!

Before

After

Ski Trip 2014: Utah


He's so happy right now! :)
 



Stopped for lunch at Little America... a favorite!


Getting ski equipment



Testing out her ski legs on the first run of the day






The snow didn't stop all day!  It really made it kind of miserable.


We left early on day 1.  We were worried we wouldn't make it down the mountain from all the snow that day.

Everyone was exhausted!

Day 2 started out great!  Sunny and no snow!


Whitney insisted on going up by herself

And then this...  I got a call from Jeremy telling me they were bringing Connor down on a sled.  He ran into a tree.

Medical team at the resort.  They decided his break was too complicated so we had to take an ambulance to the Children's hospital

In the ambulance

Waiting forever in the hospital room. Connor had to keep sniffing alcohol wipes to keep from throwing up.  It only helped half the time.

Poor baby!

The rest of the trip was miserable.  We had to stay at in Utah for the big family dinner.  Connor set up camp on the couch.  






We finally got back to Kansas after an awful 18 hour road trip with Connor in pain.  As soon as we got home I got him into see a specialist. They discovered that not only was his humorous broken, but also his clavicle and scapula!

This picture didn't turn out so well but there is my name.  I had to leave Connor and start my first day at my new job Monday morning.  I am working as the diabetes educator for a large Family Practice clinic.

My new office. They welcomed me with a fruit basket.

Connor's friends have been so sweet.  He is homebound for minimum of 3 weeks so they have been visiting him often.  They also assigned a teacher (Ms. Brockus) to come and spend 1 hour/day with Connor to keep him caught up with his school work.



No comments: