Venice
We decided since Monday was an American Holiday (President's Day) and not an Italian Holiday that it would be the perfect day to go to Carnivale in Venice - I was hoping it wouldn't be very crowded but... it was. Maybe because we went the day before Fat Tuesday... I don't know. Either way, we had so much fun!!
![]() |
| We started our trip by walking from our house to the train in our little town. |
![]() |
| Got on the train with no problems! Venice is about an hour away by train. |
![]() |
| First sight after stepping out of the train!!! |
![]() |
| Even on a Monday afternoon there were still several who dressed up!! I was so glad! |
![]() |
| Forced to get a cappuccino so that we could use the bathroom |
![]() |
| The ground was covered in graffiti |
![]() |
| The line for Gelato |
![]() |
| Getting in the spirit with a nice face painting! |
![]() |
| Could life be any better?? |
![]() |
| This is how the walk was pretty much the entire way from the train to Saint Marks Square... crowded! |
![]() |
| Daddy wheeling and dealing with the Gondoliers |
![]() |
| Pure excitement! |
![]() |
| The view from our Gondola... looked like a scene that really could have happened 100s of years ago! |
![]() |
| I couldn't believe we squeezed through some of these very narrow canals! |
![]() |
| He said his photo is taken more than Tom Cruise.. lol! |
![]() |
| Back on land! Whitney got picked to help a street performer complete a magic trick! |
| We made it to the Square!!! |
![]() |
| A theater was putting on a show when we got there |
![]() |
| Scary street performer |
![]() |
| Dinner in the middle of the Square... (and 8 euro Fantas!!) |
![]() |
| Walking to the water bus as the lights are just starting to come on |
![]() |
| Oldest casino in the world |
![]() |
| Trying to find the right train to take us home |
![]() |
| Fun day that I hope she will always remember! |
Other fun things this week.....
![]() |
| Last game for Aiden... before tournaments |
![]() |
| Last game for Whitney... I could hear her telling this kid "your guarding me and I'm guarding you" haha!! |
![]() |
| The scouts did had a campout in our backyard! They built a fire and they all completed their cooking merit badge. |
![]() |
| And last but not lest..... one of Whitney's assignments that I loved. You ARE stronger, faster, and smarter Whitney!!! I love you! |


















































No comments:
Post a Comment